Settings You'd Love to Play and But Never Find

Dragon

Something vikings inspired, but not necessarily the show. I have seen a few pop up here and there, but either the skin hurts my eyes or it's already dead by the time I find it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Witcher related. I've seen one or two here and there, but when I went to try and see if I could join, I'd notice they were already dead. Only one I saw mildly similar didn't really appeal to me in the end. Way of the world.

• 1 month later...
  • 18th century Scotland 
  • Whitechapel, late 1800s. 
  • Celtic mythology based. But not just like... 'inspired'. Like give me deep lore. 
  • I'd love something Red Queen inspired. But make it the dark and gritty adult tale I wish it'd been

Also, The Boys for the 274th time in this thread. That would be awesome. 

"widows, ghosts, lovers sit and sing in the dark, arched marrow of me."
1396128257_Bloodlinespaidad.png.d09a675bc97e605f48b34846ff6d666c.png

• Admin

Red Queen? @Lady Hyde

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:48 AM, Morrigan said:

Red Queen? @Lady Hyde

It's a Dystopian Fantasy series written by Victoria Aveyard. 

"widows, ghosts, lovers sit and sing in the dark, arched marrow of me."
1396128257_Bloodlinespaidad.png.d09a675bc97e605f48b34846ff6d666c.png

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, Zina said:

I've always struggled to find mixed animal and human rpgs that aren't shifter/werewolf things. I like the dynamics that come out of those but have never seen it work in practice.

I second this!

I would absolutely adore playing in Brandon Sanderson's 'Stormlight Archive' world; the magic system, the world of Roshar, the people, the customs, everything about it sounds superb. But I do think it's a difficult setting to use right now, since the books haven't been complete yet; the nature of the story makes it a little difficult to build a roleplay around it, at least not without making up your own AU for it!

Ex Vino Veritas

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 2:14 AM, Platonic said:

To agree with Shouten, I think a dedicated zombie apocalypse game would be interesting. 

Of all the Warrior Cat fandom animal games there are, I always wanted to see one where the setting was based on the feral cats in Disneyland? Idk but I think it'd be a cute idea for a feral cat rp. i don't have enough interest to do it myself, 

I would like to see more anime fandom games like soul eater, digimon, or hanako toilet bound. Just 'cause those seem like fun to me. 

On 6/12/2020 at 4:32 PM, Shouten said:

Oh, definitely! I can never find a forum that deals with a zombie apocalypse. I'd love to have one thats a mix of resident evil or twd style zombies paired with supernaturals. Theres so many possibilities with that! I used to run a site back in the day that had zombies, but that was chat-based rp and its been like 6 years since then. its like the genre died. I can't even find a forum thats still going that has zombies like what I want to do. 

God I wish I was on this site when a group of us were thinking about reviving an old Resident evil site where we mixed Resident evil (Both games and movies), Metal Gear Solid, Hellsing and Devil May Cry together into it's own crazy RP.

Personally I'm really about just, Powered anime School. I'm even making my own since all the ones I've seen are real life or just X-men

Edited by Fr0sty_tbs

spacer.png
Forum || Discord

• 1 month later...

Man, I would LOVE to write on like a small Persona board with a really tight community. I feel like you could tell some really fun stories there. I'd also  love to see more original super hero boards, I feel like the whole cape community revolves around the Marvel and DC boards that tend to be a lot more limited in what you can do with original ideas.

fa3E7jF.gifaffiliate.jpgLight-and-Life.gif

• 2 months later...

I'm actually currently debating with myself on the type of board I want to make for this reason. I have three ideas in my head. One is a music based board, centered around a singing contest like American Idol. Another is Mary Queen of Scotts alternate universe where Francis didn't die. And the last is a murder mystery where members can use clues to solve the crime. I can't decide and also can't work just how I want to work any of them. Wish I could just find a board that was like any of them but I can't seem to. 

I'd really love to play on a site set in William Gibson's Sprawl universe (from his trilogy of Neuromancer, Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive). But it seems like the closest I'll get is the sites based on Cyberpunk 2077, which even though it cribs heavily from Neuromancer just isn't the same.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

When I had just finished watching Wednesday, I longed for a good board within that world. I'm good now, not going to join anything new, but man, that seemed to have the potential to be real good, oldfashioned boarding school rp

spacer.png 

Link