Something New and Fun

Aeryne

Hello Everyone! A newbie here... at least to this site. I have been writing and in particular RPing for about 25 years now. I am still learning new things about writing, forums, coding, templates and all that stuff every day. Nowadays it's a lot more involved and I actually love it. I love seeing people's creativity, and writing something interesting and fun together makes my days a little better. Being from the Netherlands, English is not my first language, but for as long as I have been writing it has been in English.

I have written in a lot of different genres, but my favorites will always be horror/fantasy and anything that involves supernatural (creatures and the series). I love reading horror/fantasy books, and I am always looking for new authors/books to try. Horror movies, fantasy, and animated movies are my favorites. I prefer forum RP, but I have written through other media in the past. As far as music goes, I love it, all of it, can't do without it. I am eclectic, into a lot of different genres, but at heart I am a rock/metal chick. I keep playlists for writing, that help me get into the right mood.

Aside from writing and reading, I am an avid gamer, netflix frequently asks me if I am still alive, I enjoy dabbling with a bit of coding and learning new tricks, I am an amateur photographer, and a proud auntie of 3 boys who keep me plenty busy. Especially when they ask me to crochet them a new stuffed animal or blanket.  

Recently I have taken the leap and decided to admin my own forum, after a string of less than fun experiences on other forums. We're small right now, but hoping to grow, and all of the players are very open and inclusive to new members. I am proud of taking the step, because it is a scary one for me, as I am not a fan of failure >.< and I just want everyone to have a good time. 

I am by nature a shy person, so the internet for me is the ideal place to make new friends, and I feel sorry for anyone who says internet friends aren't real friends, because they are missing out. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Howdy, Aeryne!

I'm an INTJ.

I'm not shy at all. Just can't handle physically being around people for too long; it drains me. 

Frankly, I'm not minding this quarantine at all.  I guess if I was not able to work from home and lost my job completely due to COVID-19, I might be singing a different tune. But for now... I do not miss going in to the office everyday. 

Cat person, not a dog person. 

I started RP'ing on AOL way back when it was a thing; you either had AOL or IRC. 

Rhydin was too chaotic and full of crazy anarchy.  I promptly settled into Gor: The Chronicles of Counter-Earth roleplay-- and for 16 year old fella it was quite eye-opening. lol  My first foray into the BDSM subculture before it became all ... cheesy and watered-down into 50 Schlocks of Grey. lol

I moved to Forum PbP roleplay about 12 years ago. Can't understand now how in the hell I ever roleplayed in fast-scrolling chatrooms where everything you wrote disappeared the moment you left the chatroom.   Oh, and being dyslexic made that crap damn hard to keep up with! lol   A few of us kept character blogs pretty religiously, either on Live Journal or Blogspot.  I still have all of mine! lol 

Netflix (The Last Kingdom, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, The Crown), Amazon Prime (Vikings, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Hulu (NOS4A2, Castlerock, Nip/Tuck) binge-watcher here, too.  I started watching Strange Angel on CBS All Access a few years back, before their corporate marketers canceled it (idiots!), but I'm hoping Netflix will pick it up.  

I love all kinda music, too (everything except Opera).  Every character of mine has their own unique genre and playlist-- listening helps me get into their heads while writing (and if I listen to the wrong music, the words just don't flow right). 

But my personal fave is 90's Grunge.  Cuz I'm a grungy hipster reveling in my nostalgia.  lol

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png