As roleplayers and fans of existing fandoms, what are your thoughts on implementing major non-canon plots in-game?

I'm kicking off a Dragon Age pbp rpg but, as a GM, I like to mix things up between canon and non-canon plots, especially when there's timeline gaps between canon narratives and/or game releases. I'm calling my non-canon plot "Scions of the Land" (check out the teaser image attached).

Is it wholly lorebreaking to take creative liberties? Or should we provide players with more narratives so they can branch out a little? Personally, I'm of the latter school of thought, but I'm interested in hearing about other non-canon plots that GMs from other fandom rpgs have tried out.

What did you name yours, and why?

Was it a successful plot in-game? If yes, what made it work? If no, why do you think it floundered?

Did you put a cap on how many players could be involved?

What inspired you to buck tradition and try out a different, non-canon direction in the first place?

scionsoftheland.png

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images