Any interest out there for a wild horse roleplay with survival mechanics?

This is an idea that I've had bouncing around in my head for almost two years now, on and off. I've been building the site just to play with HTML, but I've never really had the time, energy, or confidence to actually try to open and run it. I'm curious, though, if it sparks any interest. Animal roleplays, at least in my experience, seem to be dwindling in popularity, and a lot of the ones I do see, especially horse roleplays, seem to all hit the same beats and have little to distinguish themselves beyond different skins and layouts. My goal with this would be to inject something fresh into the formula, with a very light dice-and-stat system for PvP and PvE, claimable territories that vary in how well they can actually support a herd of horses (good graze and shelter would be rare and therefore worth skirmishing over), and random events that could take the form of predator appearances or inclement weather. All of this done in a way that's both easy for prospective players to understand and pick up, and easy for me and any other staff to manage.

The full plot writeup is here, but here's a more concise version:

The roleplay itself would take place in a roughly-1800s time frame, set on an island off the eastern coast of North America, with strong resemblances to places like Assateague or Ocracoke. Humans are present in the world and history has largely progressed the same as it did in the real world, but there are currently none on the island. In addition to a population of feral mustangs descended from escaped or abandoned livestock, the island is also home to the last few surviving members of a prehistoric horse species very similar to the Hagermann horse, adapted for coastal life. These "true" wild horses are a dying breed, however, and were nearly driven extinct when English colonists settled the island. They survive now as solitary, secretive creatures with no love for domestic horses, and any rarely-occurring hybrids between the two species often struggle to find companionship. The mustangs, meanwhile, are just doing their best to survive. The island is a harsh home, but it's home nonetheless.

Is this an idea that would interest anyone? I'm open for feedback of any kind, but I mostly just wanted to get the concept out there, and see if it's worth finishing the site--not like I have much else to do at the moment : P I'm also curious to see if people like the inclusion of "primitive" native equines, or if they just muddle up the setting.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic