old guard, cursed, warrior nun, outlander....sumin historical fantasy

EDITED 21.07 : Had to pause any pondering or site build plans, bit of a bad week and weekend; got threatened by thugs and my nan's heath took a mighty decline, not looking good. So will be a bit of a delay working on things, but who knows...i might need the distraction and focus more...just wanted to keep you updated.

Edited: We're circling two site ideas, and not rushing into either. We are awaiting the Cursed Netflix show to see if that helps swing the decision on either option. 

Charlize Theron Fight GIF by NETFLIX

spacer.png

Arthurian Fantasy & Timeline/Outlander:
This is a Timeline/Outlander/Arthurian mash up - An archaeological team finds themselves sucked back to the heyday thanks to Merlin's magic. 

Warrior Nun/Old Guard/Warehouse 13:
An original concept, but best described as a blend of Warrior Nun/The Old Guard/The Librarian/Demon Knight and Warehouse 13. Immortal guardians of magical objects battling enemies through centuries. Now currently locked between two main sides; the Brotherhood of St George who look to use their skills and knowledge to help, and Solaris who want to rule the world as gods. 

Both are original concepts, with some ideas sprouting from recent material, so this is not a canon for any shows or films. 

general elements
- We'll probably ask for a few sentences/paragraph minimum. 
- Likely a 1-2 post per month minimum. 
- Chilled out and friendly community. 
- I love profile apps, so we'll probably stick to them.
- Some subplots might be nice, and an occasional site event. 
- We use Discord, it's helpful and would be embed into the skin for guest friendly access too. 
- Basic post / or BBcode [post] templates will be provided.
- No battle or stats systems. If anyone cannot decide on an outcome, they can ask us to mediate, or ask the Discord bot to pick options. It's awesome.
- Roleplaying might be split with past tense era forums/arthurian vs modern for the modern and past elements. 
- I'm skeptical on a shop system. If there's an awards/shop system it shouldn't impact hugely on character options. I'd prefer rewards to be OOC elements and much fairer IC ones. I do like buttons and badges, and know many people love collecting badges for doing things.

I've edited this in as we've had more time to think on things and the recent film and shows to help just echo our love for the concepts we have in mind. We will pick which of the two to go for soon and just wanted to edit this to reflect the updates. I don't tend to check my PMs much, so if either interest let us know here, or stalk the thread. We can't do much in the way of question answering as we go through lore in stages as we write it, and not deciding on the two options means lore information is not set in stone so difficult to answer. 

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added an edit note as i planned to edit this interest topic for Monday to elaborate more on ideas we're thinking over. But wanted to just catch the eyes of anyone looking at and enjoying Warrior Nun, Cursed, Outlander/Timeline movie with Gerard Butler and Paul Walker, and The Old Guard out 10th with the new trailer popping out.....

EDIT 04 July: I will be editing this over ASAP more but just wanted to add we're circling this, checking out Warrior Nun, Cursed, and a "Timeline/Outlander" people stuck in a book world/the past as the various vibes on this 'historical' fantasy scifi theme. So if any of these seem to interest you....i'll have this page edited ASAP (got delayed with my art and rpg crashing) but keep eyes peeled and enjoy the new shows!

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

EDITED 21.07 : Had to pause any pondering or site build plans, bit of a bad week and weekend; got threatened by thugs and my nan's heath took a mighty decline, not looking good. So will be a bit of a delay working on things, but who knows...i might need the distraction and focus more...just wanted to keep you updated.

We are leaning to the Immortals/warrior nun esq one aka lets call it R&R. 

Got some responses via PM and other sites too. 

We would have mortals aiding the immortal teams, so not just team vs team fighting and avoiding mortals. 

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png