Swapping from a subdomain to a domain at a later date

Rayoflight

Question

Hi! I had a question regarding hosting.

I currently have a domain linked to an active Jcink RPG, but my staff and I would like to move over to a Mybb board through hosting with RPG Initiative, as we all have experience with and prefer it. We wanted to keep our present site live with its domain name so that users don't get "lost" prior to the move.

Would it be possible (as in acceptable, and not a huge hassle to the staff here) to use the subdomain feature while I get things set up, and then to switch to the domain name after unlinking it from the Jcink?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Yes, that's absolutely doable. You'll need to put in a support ticket when you're ready to swap domain names, so that we can change the primary domain associated with the hosting account, but it's a pretty painless process to swap.

Best of luck!

• Thank you 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)