Character Theme Songs

Minx

Oh man, all my characters have at least one song, some of them have many.

For instance, I just found this song the other day and had to add it to a character with two other songs...but it fit her far too well to not.  

Co-Founder|Adminspacer.png - Multiparagraph RPer/freeform writer - Genre Preference - DARK like my heart....Bwahaha

My original character, whose name will be probably be Francesco, is ideally represented by the dance of personified virtues at the end of Il Sant'Alessio (1631):

Edited by Jacob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Satin Jackets feat. Panama - Back to Me

"Heartbeat, my heartbeat,

Comin' back to me, Comin' back to me,

Feelin' like there's something I lose,

When I keep you,

Comin' back to me, Comin' back to me"

Dailo/Dragon Head  ( Leader ) of a Triad Mafia who constantly reminisces over the past and a previous flame. 

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the time I don't have specific theme songs for my characters. It's about 50/50 that I assign a song to a character because characters tend to change over time -- also searching for a theme song can be a challenge too because I always want one that is juuuust right.

The ones I've used in the past have been:
- We don't Have to Dance (Andy Black)

- Maid of the River (Sarah Calderwood)

- Ophelia (Natalie Merchant)

- The Cure (Lady GaGa -- Linney Cover)

- Upside Down (Paloma Faith)

- Vagabond (Tommee Profitt ft. FJØRA)

- You Can Be King (Lauren Aquilina)

- Runnin' (Adam Lambert)

- Survive (Madilyn Bailey)

- Into the Fire (Megan Nicole)

- Phoenix (Fall Out Boy)

- Machine (Mister Wives)

• 3 weeks later...

I love making character playlists so I could never choose a single song (with most playlists hitting the two hour mark, woof..). The staff for our current site even put together a playlist for the board that we thought evoked moods and themes that we thought could inspire players. I can't really listen to music when I'm writing, but I'll put on a playlist for the day before actually posting to get some vibes going.

Here's a few I'm real proud of 👌 found on spotify

The Cowboy  |  The Vainglorious PunkThe Witch PriestThe Money Grabber

and ofc The Strange Ways Playlist

sitead-06.png

VISIT STRANGE WAYS

JUST OPENED MARCH 26TH, 2021 | ORIGINAL PREMISE | 18+ | NO WC
MODERN SUPERNATURAL | JCINK PREMIUM | PACIFIC NORTHWEST

• 5 weeks later...

All my characters have at least one song, if not a playlist for them. lol I can't just choose one song for a character, when there are sooo many out there.  I've tried and every-time I find a new song that fits just right.

Exadia_1607909613.png.e626ceeebe9fcd612aeb490e0e0b1079.png

• 1 month later...

I love making playlists on spotify for my characters! I commute over an hour to work so it gives me loads of time to think of characters and their songs. Tool, Korn, and Slipknot are favorites for my characters... and kpop for my softer characters.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm a very audial person, so all my characters, even the ones I'm less attached to, each have a playlist with several songs. I think my current one active character is at around 80 songs, which all remind me of her. I fucking love music (I also have more than 100 playlists on Spotify).

I actually don't often have specific songs for characters. I tend to have more generalized music that fits the mood of where I'm writing them. But sometimes there's a song that fits extremely well, like Queen's Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy for my... good old-fashioned lover boy. 😆

Edited by Waug
user posted image