Lines to Remember

Grimscythe

One of the joys of roleplay is that sometimes, we encounter moments that are memorable. They can be heartbreaking, romantic, beautiful, disturbing, and of course, funny. It's all part of the development of our characters and their personalities. So for this thread, I'd like to see some of your favorite lines from your roleplay experiences. To start with, the following line came from an A Court of Thorns and Roses AU fandom rp where I'm a member, and was actually penned by a member on this site!

"Are you alright? And seriously, Niamh.... are you feeding that cat the patrons who don't pay or something?"

This line was posed as a query to my character Niamh by her older brother, Owen, in regards to her cat, Persimmon. Persimmon is a large, long-haired, ginger kitty that behaves more like a dog than a cat. She is represented with this .gif:

giphypersimmon.gif

Isn't she a doll? I can't wait to see what you guys post!

• 2 weeks later...

Another one, this time on a medieval fantasy. While attending an engagement party, my Watchwoman, who is not the most attractive character in the world, approaches her crush dressed in something that flatters her, as opposed to her armor and casual attire. Another attendee wrote the following:

The drow followed her attention to a towering figure in a dress uniform who was standing with a shapely redhead and another, less pretty woman with darker hair.

Me. I'm that less pretty woman with darker hair. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

No context required.

As soon as he got within sniffing distance, Conall let out a snort, and his eyes began to water. "Jesus christ," he croaked. "What did you do, bathe in whiskey and Tommy Girl? You smell like a nightclub bathroom."

Naturally, Conall looked like he'd spent the previous night in an avocado face mask, drinking herbal tea, and going to bed early - because one didn't get to almost forty and still look like a man half his age without making some sacrifices.

Edited by Belle
  • LOL 1

image.png.983b918f46a287076416c1e642250e6a.png

• 3 weeks later...

I love a great quote, I've always made an effort to have nice dialogue and engaging posts... but I'm not confident enough to say that I've succeeded. But I was pretty proud of this exchange (especially the last sentence, the rest is added mostly for context):

The black haired fleeter nodded her head, "Me, I'm just a simple Bosun." She put a hand in her pocket and fished out a small parcel with a diamond emblazoned on it, "Starfleet gets you places though. Makes you meet all kinds of interesting people. Like yourself." She hid the tiny white envelope away, "What do I call you?"

"Selah." She simply stated looking at the package, knowing its contents, her heart beating louder in her chest and ears. She hadn't realised how much she needed that right now. "How much?"

"Selah, beautiful name. I hope it's not your real one. It's bad form to give your real name to shady people." The woman winked, "You may call me June. And this precious gemstone will set you back a neat 30 slips and a kiss."

Selah could kick herself right there when she realised she had just told a total stranger, who was enlisted in Starfleet on top of that, her real name while it was clear she was looking for illegal drugs. It barely registered that she asked for a kiss as a part of this transaction.

"Haha! June! Are you just going through the months of Earth until you find one you like?!" A man sitting with his arms around two local women laughed out loud. His red uniform unbuttoned and revealing dog-tags hanging over a hair covered chest.

"Shut up Greg!" the woman that introduced herself as June bit back at her colleague, clearly emphasising the name as being fake as well, before turning back to Selah, "So what do you say, Selah?"

Selah nodded and started to rummage through her pockets to find the necessary slips. Showing the pile to June, but waiting to be given the parcel before parting with it. She pocketed the drug and immediately wanted to pull away but felt the arm around her tighten, she looked up at the black haired Betazoid, slightly afraid of what was going to happen next. Was this a sting? Was she just busted? That would've been the stupidest f*****g thing ever.

June tapped her cheek and smiled a bit, "Are we forgetting something?"

For a moment Selah was confused before she realised again that second part of the transaction, a kiss. So weird. Did this woman want all the junkies to kiss her? Or was it just Selah she wanted to be kissed by? Hesitantly she leaned in, hoping that this wasn't some kind of trick that would get her ass kicked and robbed. Not that she had much money left after spending all of this on the cocktail and the drugs. She leaned in to kiss June on the cheek.

At the last moment, June turned her head and kissed her forcefully on her lips, with a loud smack she let go, "There are people out here in the 'verse that love you, Selah!" and with that June let Selah go.

Edited by RottenEmu

Mayterial Droz

Captain

fawkes.png

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

I was re-reading an old thread and I always forget that my characters' god parents names are both colors. Violet and Red. In this one my character is trying to remember her god parents names so she can tell the person she just met who she's going to visit.

“Um... their names are colors. I think Red and... ummm.”

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 5 months later...

Just a small description of a character I used to write. 

Serafino had been made into a peculiar rumor, a legend and a legacy. It was also part of this city's superstitions that an ancient vampire wandered the night, snacking on children as they slept and glamouring young women into bed. The latter part was true. He held a Casanova complex, entombed in the perfect chiseled physique of an earth God. Most would worship the ground he walked upon --- most.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

After a really long fight where my character kicked ass killing some alligator shifters and other people trying to kill her and others in the room she was getting ready to head out to the next fight but she decided to say.

"Lets go see if we can help anyone else.... but first! Let me take a selfie."

It still kills me.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Just scoop her up and plop her on an ice cream cone and let him- Laurel choked, and coughed to cover small sputter. And fanned herself. “Would you like to try me- Mine? Mine. My latte.” 

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

necessary context: this is in the app of a character that belongs to the bloodborne canon

(and is it not interesting to know that you considered this killing a vengeance when the hunt knows not enemies, only prey.)

spacer.png

home. | guidebook. | canons. | discord.

• 3 weeks later...

A not wholly failed flirting attempt...

"You know, I hear if you take your shirt off the work is much more enjoyable."

A psychotic assassin sent to eliminate a man's ex-wife when confronted by said ex-wife.

Ex-Wife: "Let me guess. I f**ked your husband."

Assassin: "Oh no!" she said all too cheerily "but yours has sent me to stab you and he did pay me a lot of money so..."

A warrior Angel after slaughtering the head of a pack of lycanthropes.

"They ruined my favourite outfit,"
"Keep promising more fights and I might just faint from the excitement,"

And a few quotes from my favourite NPC, Thistle. Thistle is a Brownie (or House Elf when on a Harry Potter site) who is a little mad and a lot upset that people never listen to Thistle. I would post context, but Thistle is entertaining even out of context.

"Mitts off, you big brute. Thistle will take care of this."

"And you, missie! Sneaking around like this behind Master's back. If it was up to me, you'd be in for a right spanking."

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.