Iframes or something else?

Tyrone

Hello everyone, 

I am in the process of working on a Supernatural fandom website and I wanted some advice on the coding needed for a layout I have in mind. 

For the species page I would like a set of buttons on the left hand side. It would be one button for each species. So on my board this would be a button for

• Creatures

• Civilians 

• Demons

• Ghosts

• Humans

• Psychics

• Witches

The rest of the page would contain information on the species I want to read about, which would be loaded by pressing the button for that species. For example if I pressed the Demon button the right hand side would show the information about demons, if I clicked on the Ghosts button the right hand side would switch to info about ghosts. 

Am I right in thinking this would require the use of iframes? Or is there a simpler/more elegant piece of coding for this? 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I’ll look into that 😄

If this is the site on Vesta, tabs are built into it via jQuery and Bootstrap, by the way. It's the easiest way to do tabs on Vesta. 

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Ooh thanks @Arceus! I’ll do some googling to figure out how to make use of that 😄 

Just look at the profile templates. It tells you exactly how to do it. 😄

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Do you mean profile.templates.php? Sorry I’m dumb. 

That's probably gonna be the easiest one to pick it out from. It's also in characters.template.php, but that one also has several other templates in them. You'll want the template_display() function. Div class profile_tabs is how to set up the tab navigation. At the moment they're styled to be horizontal, if you want them vertical you'll need to style them differently. Div class tab-content is how the content area containers work.

Thanks so much for all the help @Arceus

I’ll get to trying that this evening after work!

Hi Archeus, I can't seem to find the profile_tabs div? I've been able to find template_display() function and and tab-content but not probile_tabs?

I managed to figure it out and used flexboxes to style the tab page how I wanted it. 🙂