Kalani

My character, Kalani, is a former Chinese soldier. I know a bit about his family, background and where he's from, but that's about it. I want him to travel and explore, but I also want him to confront his demons, but I don't know how to do that. When Kalani meets someone for the first time, he automatically reaches for his knife that he received when he joined the Chinese military - he's defensive and emotional.  I want him to be able to make friends, but with his past, it doesn't seem like he is able to. He secretly wants to meet a girl and have a family of his own one day, but he's not sure if he'll ever make that happen - that's his main goal. Does any of this make sense? Thanks. 

• Like 1

Niasma

• Admin

Best thing to do with this is find someone willing to play a stubbornly loyal character. One that will likely get under his skin and grow on him. I have plenty of potential characters that would do such for grumpy faces.

I know I've done it a few times to my RP partner to her chagrin.

Normally starting out with something that bonds them is a good idea (like Kalani saving said persons life etc). Can't give you much else because I don't know the setting you're going to be playing the character in.

• Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

The setting of this story takes place in a jungle and then an underground cavern. Here's the plot: Kalani and seven fellow soldiers get ambushed while they're traveling to their base, but all seven men die except for Kalani. He gets knocked out and is dragged to a nearby cavern and that's where I currently am in the story.

Niasma

• Admin

I assumed this was an RP. I mean you can really go any direction you want. My suggestion was if you were playing against someone and wanted advice on a character type that would work for your character type.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.