What's the Worst Way You've Lost a RP Partner?

Dragon

Reading through these replies I am just shook and realize that my worst really wasn't that bad, considering. But as someone told me when I was younger - "Troubles are not measured by a scale. It's how troubling something feels to you, the one experiencing it, that matters." 

So for me it was just my rp-partner simply vanishing without a word. We had so many plots, amazing threads, ooc conversations and the best mentor/mentee relationship with our characters. Then one day they were just gone. Vanished from site. Vanished from chat. I didn't know them outside of site and had no other way to contact them, just to ask if they were okay and just get a little closure - I know RL happens and this is a hobby, people are free to stop at any point. But it's always felt  sad, that I never got to know what happened.. 

Edited by JulieWilhelmine
  • Love 1

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif

Not sad because they're okay -- but watching roleplay partners completely lose interest in crafting kills me. Especially when they never come back to it, maybe it's outside things that impact them, but it hurts to see them go. 

• 8 months later...

^I totally agree with that post. I lost my first and foremost roleplay partner lose interest in rping and I felt kind of abandoned? Still, I love them dearly and we still chat.

However, the worst was when I though I was close with a roleplayer while they and their friends were mocking me. I got sent the screenshots of chats and I was like, 13 years old, and they were all older than me. So yeah, that hurt.

Happy I Love You GIF by pikaole

• 2 months later...

I lost two to high school type drama. Two guys joined what was a site predominantly filled with women, and one of said women starts trying to monopolize them both for ??? reasons. I had taken a week or two break a little after that. When I came back, said member who I was in a few threads with was kicked out of the site because she was getting jealous that the guys were RPing with others. She took both guys with her funnily enough, one of which I was RPing with too. So, I lost two? Things that happen, I guess xD The rest has just been ghosting, basically. Or sites dwindling to a close weeks after I join, so I end up losing various threads/partners.

Edited by Wes

spacer.png
An Animanga Fantasy RP
(Jcink Premium)

• 5 months later...

I've lost a few roleplay buddies through the years but the one that stuck with the most that I'm still sad about is one that just... disappeared one day. They were active in the community, and they had gotten the news that they were going to have a child. And further into the pregnancy they just... disappeared and didn't come back. Obviously having a child is way more important but they removed me on all socials we shared, everything. It sucked to not be able to even keep in contact as I considered us friends and I still wonder to this day how they're doing. 

• Love 2

• 2 months later...

First ever RP site had a very tough behind-the-scenes argument that caused half the site to leave almost out of nowhere. The remaining members tried to push forward, in vain.

Silver lining was that my closest RP partner on site dragged me to another site, which I've been on for a year with great happiness! 🙂

• Love 1

Guest Anonymous

I made a poop joke that as absolutely not sexual, but my RP friend took it as sexual, and I was mortified and we never spoke to each other again.