You know you're in a posting groove when......

Morrigan

• Admin

You look at your notifications and have a ton of them that you haven't read yet.

image.png

Share your groove stories.

This one is I've been at work and chillaxin' workin, roleplayin' and apparently not checking my notifications. >_<

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

You look at your notifications and have a ton of them that you haven't read yet.

image.png

Share your groove stories.

This one is I've been at work and chillaxin' workin, roleplayin' and apparently not checking my notifications. >_<

Wait, you can RP while you're at work??? Nice!

My groove right now is finally setting up the site that I spent way too much money on. I'm enjoying building the world I've always wanted to see and play in, and I'm loving developing my own systems of magic, too.

And I'm really liking making maps!

I should say though, that I've started working on several posts and character profiles to build more depth to the characters I have and there's a certain dumbass tha tneeds more fleshing out. 😉

• LOL 1

My groove is my Evil Gideon - like the flow is unbelievable right now. Not sure why maybe because its just a thing or maybe because I have a really good partner.

I tend to not have those- they are few and far between for me. So its good

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

Since I am only ever caught up on my replies every few months, I would say the short moments when I don't owe at least half a dozen posts.

This usually comes after the realisation of just how many posts I owe.

KvrAHBW.png

Fodlan Chronicles - A Fire Emblem Based RP Forum
Home | Getting Started | Affiliation Guidelines | Advertisements

I have two different types of grooves. One - when I can crank out more than four replies in one sitting and it doesn't feel like a chore. This is usually when I've somehow fallen behind and I feel the need to post a bunch to get some semblance of control back in my RP life. The second is when I get into the habit (and have the time) to post to one or two threads every other day or so. Usually that's when I owe less generally and I feel stable about my output. 

I think I probably prefer the second, although there's always a sense of satisfaction when I can tag a bunch of people with replies at once. 

• Agree 1

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

6 hours ago, akakios said:

I have two different types of grooves. One - when I can crank out more than four replies in one sitting and it doesn't feel like a chore. This is usually when I've somehow fallen behind and I feel the need to post a bunch to get some semblance of control back in my RP life. The second is when I get into the habit (and have the time) to post to one or two threads every other day or so. Usually that's when I owe less generally and I feel stable about my output. 

I think I probably prefer the second, although there's always a sense of satisfaction when I can tag a bunch of people with replies at once. 

I feel this in my bones. If I let replies pile up (because I'm busy or stressed about real life), there's no better feeling then sitting down and managing to finally catch up with them. 

For me, it's also that sense of excitement when waiting for your partner(s) to reply. Like, not sitting around pressuring them or anything, but really looking forward to getting that tag!

On 12/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, Grimscythe said:

Wait, you can RP while you're at work??? Nice!

you don't XD lol jk (i mean i do >.> but...)

for me I know i'm in a groove when i literally forgot to eat or drink food that is sitting right next to me and by the time i realize it my coffee is stone cold XD

• Fuck Yeah! 1

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

when you end up going to bed 3-5 hours later than planned due to an rp that's going too well to want to stop.
then when you do stop, you can't sleep because the next post is already in mind.

when you post in the bathroom on your phone because you have company but you're dying to reply. 

Reality is an illusion. 

spacer.png

You know you've done it, before school, before work, before important social occasions. We've all been there.

• 9 months later...

You just can't stop, and the posts come quickly and easily, and you have that 'high' of feeling inspired!

I'm able to knock out several posts back to back and even have the energy to create open threads.

• 2 months later...

When I lose track of time- even when I have music on. I can get so into posting that I don't realize i've been doing it for a few hours and that my music has already stopped and the days going by lol That's always a fun day though full of shenanigan's 😄

passingstrangebanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding what Kat said -- when I completely lose track of time and forget to do the other things on my to-do for the day. Oops!