Issue installing mybb

Agatha Harkness

Question

Hey there, Having some trouble with MyBB installing in my subdomain.

I set up a subdomain in my hosted forum here on the initiative, and the certificate rendered fine.....so i went to install through the cPanel the MyBB setup. It seemed to work fine and loaded the forum. However, it will not let me login or remain logged in via the admin cp. Every time i log into the forum, the logged in success message pops up, but then throws me to an 'authentication?' error message and i remain as a guest. 

I tried the admin cp. I log in fine. I see the admin CP...but the moment I click on anything it throws me out and says login to access the page. I took a peek at MYBB help forum just now and see many people had this error recently, and the only check i saw was about cookies in the setting file in the cpanel. I checked it and the cookie section all looks normal and fine. I couldn't see an issue with it...so am just not sure if ive done something wrong. or if there is something up with the new updated mybb

Thank you

EDIT: i solved it. i had originally added a path folder during my mybb install, didn't want it so deleted it and moved the files to the correct folder, then forgot to remove the /path/ to the folder in the inc/settings file. removing that /path/ to just / and restarting the browser fixed it. 

Edited by Lady Croft
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

spacer.png

1 answer to this question