subdomain chrome cookie issue

Agatha Harkness

Question

I had a path issue prior, but that fixed on seemingly all browsers....that is until i try to login on Chrome. I have been googling the issue, but as I couldn't see a fix I hadn't tried I'm back here poking brains for assistance. 

It doesn't seem to change on my primary domain here on rpginit, however, it always seems to cause a login authorization error when i try my subdomain only seemingly when using Chrome. I have to clear my cookies in the browser in order to log into the subdomain. But, the moment I log into the primary domain it causes an error to then throw me out of being able to login to the subdomain. So i have to keep refreshing Chrome cookies to access the subdomain on Chrome. I have tried a couple of methods with my cookie path and made sure they match on the admin cp as well as the settings file in the file manager.

I have tried this on the primary, both without and with a dot. not the / and / bit, thats just to shorten the quote. 

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "mydomain.rpginit.com / and / .mydomain.rpginit.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

I have this on the subfomain:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "subdomain.mydomain.rpginit.com / and / .subdomain.mydomain.rpginit.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

My Chrome (Version 88.0.4324.190)

Hosted on RPGinitiative.

MyBB software is that matters?

I didn't think it needed a path, at least that's not what mybb's cookie page had said and why i left it alone. 

Cheers. Chrome is annoying me but i used it the most so this is a pain and as the cookie paths seemed to work fine on other browsers i'm assuming its a Chrome setting...? or idk path cookie url isn't right....so...help? TY

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Admin
10 hours ago, Agatha Harkness said:

Though I gave it a look just now and I can login. Strange. I hadn't done anything since....so maybe it was fixed by Chrome or MyBB...or you during your maintenance fix? I know you had to reboot a database....perhaps that fixed it....

Cookie issue doesn't always mean cookie setup issue. It was likely an issue with you having a bad cookie.

If you're curious you can test that by opening an incognito window (or private browsing window), going to your site and trying to login. If this works than you just need to clear the cookies for your site real quick.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Admin

I'm confused. You're having an issue logging into your site on Chrome? @Agatha Harkness

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Sorry for late response. I have been taking a time out/quiet time since posting this. Medical wise. 

But, I had issues with logging in via Chrome, yes. Every help doc pointed to a cookie issue but none of the tips to fix it were working. 

Though I gave it a look just now and I can login. Strange. I hadn't done anything since....so maybe it was fixed by Chrome or MyBB...or you during your maintenance fix? I know you had to reboot a database....perhaps that fixed it....

Strange. I will keep an eye on it though, to check if the issue returns. 

Edited by Agatha Harkness

spacer.png