Question for Tumblr Advertisers

Yume

This is really for those of you who actually run a site tumblr versus simply adding yourself to tumblr directory type listings - though I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on those as well. I was wondering what kinds of posts do you find get the most interaction? What sorts of things do you add to your tumblr to try to get attention? And have you found there is anything in particular that seems to catch people's eye more than others? 

In the past I've seen and tried thread snippets and spotlights, as well as character spotlights and things of that nature. And they did seem to work okay, sort of highlighting the diversity of the cast and plots going on to see about maybe catching the eye of someone who found it interesting. Has anyone tried similar and had any luck? Or even something completely different as far as the types of posts that they generated on the tumblr. 

I'm looking for perspectives and things that have been tried and either went well or didn't on this, a little more than "is advertising on tumblr worth it yes or no" type answers. 

• Great Idea 1

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really interested in finding out more about this as well. My community has been thriving for roughly 3 years, but we're trying to expand further. 

I'm just opening up to tumblr, but I do see that some sites seem to get more attention from having large graphics that are intended specifically to fit with their site aesthetic, as well as having any information pertaining to jcink's premium standard as well. 

• Agree 2

1388779713_Tamnera.png.43d9196b9e1ead95cbfcda92b755a4a5.png

Tam'nýer—a' is an 18+ Premium Jcink Original Fantasy World

Operated for 3 Years - LGBTQIA+ Friendly - POC Friendly - 3|3|3 Rated

Custom Races, Original Flora and Fauna, Lore and Story Driven

• 1 month later...

Strange Ways had an exceptional site open and we exclusively advertised on tumblr and did a lot of site buzzing / site lore and content previews on our actual site tumblr about a month before we opened. We only got about 20 followers so we weren't anticipating a huge rush, but ended up getting one as soon as we opened our doors! It was something we did not expect at all. I will say doing it constantly is pretty key to success (which sucks). It's a lot of work, but it has been super effective for us. I would highly recc a spreadsheet that you keep updated with when and where you've posted as you do advertising sweeps, with additional notes on how often these tumblrs allow you to post your ad and any other rules you might need to pay attention to. 

Here's a list of some current ones for everyone's convenience (just put .tumblr.com after the name to get there!), goodluck and godspeed in your advertising efforts. 
Rpings, rockinroleplay, rp-classifieds, dailyjcink, rpgadverts, jcinkgalore, jcinknetwork, rpclassifieds, therpsource, forumfilters, therpdirectory, allthingsroleplay, jcinktinder. 

Edited by MegHanSolo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you 2

sitead-06.png

VISIT STRANGE WAYS

JUST OPENED MARCH 26TH, 2021 | ORIGINAL PREMISE | 18+ | NO WC
MODERN SUPERNATURAL | JCINK PREMIUM | PACIFIC NORTHWEST

• 9 months later...