Map Creators

Morrigan

• Admin

So I want to create a map for some of my towns/cities but they aren't medieval maps or towns. I've been looking but everything I'm finding are things that either "auto generate" with medieval stuff and are non-adjustable.

I'm looking for something that auto generates but allows me to create map locations (having it online would be awesome so people could contribute to it).

Anyone have any places they would go?

I could also potentially (as an alternative) go for an asset pack that has bits and bobs to make a town/city map instead.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Inkarnate is an online tool that allows you to auto-generate areas /  regions, etc. You can also upload your own assets as map markers. I use Wonderdraft but it is a one-time purchase software. Unfortunately, most of the ones I know of are geared toward fantasy or science fiction. I still use them, I just add my own markers and the like.

Not sure this will help or not...

DONJON.BIN.SH

This one is a "fantasy" city map generator, but you could really use it to generate whatever you wanted and put your own labels on it.

WATABOU.ITCH.IO

Not a game. Play in your browser

• Agree 1
  • Thank you 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• 4 weeks later...

This was the only non-medieval city map thing I could find: 

PROBABLETRAIN.ITCH.IO

Procedurally-generated American cities. Play in your browser

Now in terms of a map that you can put location points on, I highly recommend world anvil. I used it specifically for map use and I uploaded a map I made elsewhere. You can customize the bullets and also add information about the location on the map too. 

WWW.WORLDANVIL.COM

Worldbuilding and RPG Campaign Management tools for all Storytellers, Dungeon Masters and fiction Authorss

• Like 2
  • Thank you 1

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

• 9 months later...

We used Inkarnate for our maps, and they turned out gorgeous!

INKARNATE.COM

Create fantasy maps online. With Inkarnate you can create world maps, regional maps and city maps for dungeons & dragons, fantasy books and more! FREE SIGN-UP!