Supernatural RP

Morrigan

Which one would you join? Make sure to read the post.  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

So I'm working on a Supernatural RP and as I'm building it I have a few ideas and I want to get some opinions on them.

Sequestered island

mystery-1599527.jpg

For this idea the best way to think of it is sort of like Wakanda from the Marvel movies or Themiscyra in DC. Supernatural's got together as humans were hunting them into extinction as they were scared of what they didn't understand so they hid themselves from the world. They can leave the island to visit the human's world and many do but any humans that end up on the island are never permitted to leave (they wouldn't be able to trust them not to tell where they are).

The island would have modern technology possible adapted to be more magically generated than through electronics but cell phones etc would still exist. In this idea there would be a "hunters" police force that leave the island to take out any threat to their kind (rogue supernaturals in the world trying to expose their secrets).

This would likely be open lore so any creature could be played.

Town/City

tianjin-2185510.jpg

In this version it would be both a town and city that are within a few hours away from each other in Alaska. Supernaturals would still be a secret from the world and kept that way through Supernatural hunters. Unlike what people think of traditionally for the word hunter in a supernatural environment the true nature of hunters in this RP is to keep the Supernatural world secret. This would mean taking down rogue/unruly supernaturals that threaten exposing them as well as humans that take it upon themselves to kill supernatural beings because they figured it out.

This one would have more of a worldwide network sort of vibe where the heads of supernatural groups get together semi-annually to discuss grievances.

This would be closed lore.

Bright Adjacent

glowworm-3031704.jpg

If you've never seen the movie Bright this would be similar but not the same. We likely wouldn't have brights (or special magical beings that can wield magical wands) but it would be a world where centuries of magical creatures have been around. Humans are the dominate race because they just have so many but there are plenty of other races out there and they let their scales, wings, colors, fly.

This would be closed lore.

Modern-esque Gladiator Master/Slave or Just a modern day supernatural enslavement

chains-19176.jpg

With this one it would more or less be like a modern day Rome sort of RP. This would be where certain races of supernaturals are seen as naturally just better than others and those that are seen as the lesser would be enslaved and put up to fight regularly in an arena or used for whatever the person that purchased them requires.

It doesn't have to be Gladiator-esque. It could just be a hierarchy thing where certain species are just dominate over the others and therefore they must kiss the feet of their betters or suffer their wrath.

Other

For this obviously suggest something that you think would be inspiring and fun or even alternatives/changes to the above possible ideas. Don't forget to vote.

• Great Idea 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I definitely like the sequestered island version

A fart is nothing but the lonely cry of an imprisoned turd.

I want to vote, but I like 3 of the options and one isn't sticking out waving a flag demanding I vote for it: The Sequestered Island, Town/City, and Bright Adjacent

• Love 1

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

• Admin

@Blondie I allowed voting for multiple ideas so you can vote for all three if you want.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• Contributions Mod

The sequestered island is probably the most unique. I'm not sure a good chunk of my own characters would fit, but more would than the other situations. I've seen plenty of sites where they have some area secluded for supernaturals only connected to some town, but it's been done to death and not very interesting. There's always the problem with supernatural sites with trying to come up with something interesting for humans. Typically all that's there for them is the bland hunter of supernaturals. Then you end up with a whole bunch of supernaturals and few humans where it doesn't make sense. 

For the town/city in Alaska, the big attraction is Alaska. In this case, I would be tempted to consolidate it into the sequestered island, placing it off of Alaska. I'd give it a smallish city with the rest being rugged and rural. Alaska is really the main character with a site that takes place there. What does it mean to be a vampire when in summer you may only have a few hours of darkness to feed? You could do a lot of fun things with Aura Borealis. 

Haven't watched Bright, but I'm familiar with Shadowrun. I would be happy to join a Shadowrun inspired site.

In the case the Gladiator site, for some reason my mind automatically goes the Dungeons and Dragons Dark Sun setting. Though I'd take elements of Cha'alt with it. Dark Sun is a desert planet with little water and food. There are different city civilizations where certain species are bred to engage in gladiator battles and hard labor (muuls). A lot of the cities tend to have a Roman empire feel. With Dark Sun, the reason why the planet is the way it is, is because of magic use defilers who take their magic from plant life and water. In the case of Cha'alt, Lovercraftian creatures came to conquer the planet, they shockingly lost, and now even generations later their corpses have changed the landscape. I'd have large lakes of purple blood and just random weird stuff. You could go Mad Max with it and have it take place more recently. Though I have to admit, after a while the Roman empire city region would bore me and I'd be interested in seeing what else is out there. I'd also rather play around with humanoid insects, snakes, and corvids rather than vampires and shifters. Though going back to our sequestered island, we don't know the cultures exist there. You can take Greco-Roman elements. They may still have gladiators or slaves. 

As far as what I'd join, I'm almost done with my own supernatural site and will likely open that up fairly soon. Our chat yesterday helped a little oddly enough. I'm never sure if my ideas are good or not. I second guess a lot. I would be interested in a supernatural site that would do something different. The island one I'd be willing to try. The Bright inspired one I would try. The gladiator one just makes me want to create a Dark Sun inspired site. The Alaska town/city comes across a generic. You'd need some solid lore to make that interesting.

When it comes to supernatural sites I have the philosophy that you either need unique lore or strip away barriers that cause people to not join. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

I'm excited because the two that are in the lead are some of my favorites.

• Love 1
  • You're Welcome 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just excited! Will this be a forum type?

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

I think you'd find a good, solid, member base on most of the ideas. There are a lot of supernatural town/city sites out there, so I'd suggest one of the other ideas for more originality. 

Sequestered island sounds most feasible from my opinion.

The Rome-esque idea sounds fantastic, but I think there is a risk of getting all the same types of characters/plots, or members wanting specific abuse-related storylines, which could be troublesome. So you would need combat that on a daily basis if it's not what you're interested in setting up.

disavowedad.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

haha! Woo! Island sites. Still looking for anymore feedback!

• Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 1 year later...

I think the island idea sounds really interesting! The others sound good too, but that one struck me as the most original and something that I would be very interested in checking out 

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif