[Interest Check] Marvel Sandbox/Multigenre

Lately, I've found myself going on a lot of multigenre sites and Discords JUST looking for the types of Marvel RPs I want to do, and thought maybe a Marvel-only multigenre/sandbox site might be a good idea.

I know there are some sites that already cater to Marvel AUs -- practically all Marvel sites are AUs with separate AU forums as well -- but the issue I take with a lot of these is that you're still limited to "your" characters, the characters you apply for and are approved to play. There was one Marvel site I was super interested in because it had some really cool AU ideas, but all my faves were taken, so it gave me the inspiration for this idea.

(Also -- I am aware that there are already Discords that do Marvel multigenre-style RP, but I've found it a little tricky to keep track of things via Discord the way you can via forums. I personally RP much better with a site to post on, and I bet there are other folks who do as well.)

Basically how it would work most sandbox/multigenre sites do: you create an OOC account and then a list/directory of all the characters and plots you're interested in playing. Then, other members can browse your directory and contact you to arrange for an RP if they have interest. There would be separate forums for common verses (Earth-616, MCU, etc) as well as user-created verses.

There would also be a lot of flexibility when it comes to what counts as Marvel -- aka all comics released under Marvel as well as all films that contain Marvel properties/characters. Also, it would allow OCs so long as they are based in a Marvelverse or adjacent verse -- basically, need to be somehow related to Marvel concepts but otherwise unrestricted.

Any thoughts about or interest in this? It's entirely possible this has been done before but I'm definitely game to revive the concept.

spacer.png

are you an mcu fan? are you not a fan of what the movies/shows did at some points? do you sometimes wish you could turn back time? us too!

visit us at neverisnow.jcink.net

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic