Thoughts on Playby (Faceclaim) using deceased persons

I personally don't see a problem with it as long as the character isn't a disrespectful representation of the deceased person. If the player keeps in mind that the FC is deceased and doesn't talk down their RL accomplishments and such, then I don't see a problem with it. It isn't good to speak ill of the dead after all, and I would hope that the player would follow that belief too.

My sites

Blur the LinesGrand Finale

• 2 weeks later...

The short version: I see no issue with it provided they were celebs in the first place, and not just a random picture you found and liked. Most communities do have rules against the latter though, for obvious reasons. 

Food for thought: If your community does ban the use of deceased PBs, how do you handle it when a long-used face passes away?

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

IKiE2z.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, clipsed said:

The short version: I see no issue with it provided they were celebs in the first place, and not just a random picture you found and liked. Most communities do have rules against the latter though, for obvious reasons. 

Food for thought: If your community does ban the use of deceased PBs, how do you handle it when a long-used face passes away?

I did end up putting in a caveat that if someone is deceased within the past twelve months we prefer it not be used. This was more to keep the peace to be honest. We already have someone on the site using a deceased PB that is over twelve months so it doesn't force them to find another.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Within - Original Modern Supernatural RP Forum

Wanted Ads

• Admin
On 7/16/2021 at 4:25 AM, Flahme said:

I did end up putting in a caveat that if someone is deceased within the past twelve months we prefer it not be used. This was more to keep the peace to be honest. We already have someone on the site using a deceased PB that is over twelve months so it doesn't force them to find another.

The fun part in this, is I actually did play a character that their PB became deceased while I was playing them. (RIP Heath Ledger. I love you baby. You did us DC lovers proud.) Would your rule require that I recast him mid playing him? I am interested to know.

I can see the rule being valid if the Actor recently passed and you would prefer that they have a time of rest and a new player can't just join in with them. How would you deal with this if a character is already in play?

adtest3.png

engineeringad.jpg

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Good question. I would prefer to let them continue if that's what they wish to do.

I suspect I'd get pressure from some to disallow, but I think it should be up to the writer and potentially their writing partner/s.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

Wanted Ads

On 7/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, Morrigan said:

The fun part in this, is I actually did play a character that their PB became deceased while I was playing them. (RIP Heath Ledger. I love you baby. You did us DC lovers proud.) Would your rule require that I recast him mid playing him? I am interested to know.

I can see the rule being valid if the Actor recently passed and you would prefer that they have a time of rest and a new player can't just join in with them. How would you deal with this if a character is already in play?

What  happened, were you able to continue using that PB?  I love Heath Ledger too and he was one that came to mind when all this came up.

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

Wanted Ads