Times I had to stop myself..

Jamester

Rping is a good thing for a lot of people, for me it definitely is one of them I will not lie, it helps me escape from the crazy things going on in the world and finding people who are nerds/geeks like me and where I can totally nerd out with fellow rpers.. But there have been a few members that have really pushed my buttons through the years.. For example I had two people get pissed because I left their site for no muse which has them holding a grudge, I've had a member get pissed for being taken off the team because I was trying to protect members he was making uncomfortable, I've gotten demoted for a mistake and misreading through the lines, believe me there are plenty of other things that have gotten to me where I almost left a world I am so happy to be apart of and truly love because of not having muse or having a bad day, etc.. Has this ever happened to someone else?

elizabeth olsen marvel GIF

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was staffing on a forum and had a falling out with a different staff member due to differing values of what was good for rp. I was advocating for more freedom, the other person for more structure. eventually it got to the point where the rift became a bit more of a 'you leave or I do' kind of conflict. then I noticed I would make something on the site and it would be quickly 'corrected' by the other person in a sort of passive aggressive world building. I did some petty things too, but ultimately I chose to pack up, make a will for my creations and move on. I stopped rping for some time after that until I made the decision to start my current discord rp

On 7/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, Kazetatsu said:

I was staffing on a forum and had a falling out with a different staff member due to differing values of what was good for rp. I was advocating for more freedom, the other person for more structure. eventually it got to the point where the rift became a bit more of a 'you leave or I do' kind of conflict. then I noticed I would make something on the site and it would be quickly 'corrected' by the other person in a sort of passive aggressive world building. I did some petty things too, but ultimately I chose to pack up, make a will for my creations and move on. I stopped rping for some time after that until I made the decision to start my current discord rp

This. I've had something similar to happen too. Petty and passive aggression, sadly, is the new normal. No one is going to agree on everything and because of that, rifts are inevitable. You're going to have to try and be the bigger person as an admin/moderator... or even as a regular member. Do not, at any point, resort to petty or rude measures. It will only backfire. Just like in 'real life,' you are bound to find someone who doesn't like you and sinking to their level is only going to make things worse. I recommend sorting things out calmly with discussion. Maybe then things will improve.

owner of some website ❤️

Definitely puts a damper on the mood... 100%.

owner of some website ❤️

• 1 month later...

I'm generally the kind of person who obsessively reads things on sites I'm on (and don't own) but one instance that comes to mind, which lead to me never joining a site that I didn't run again (with one exception - but those people were wonderful and the only reason I left was because the site was a touch too slow paced for me, I still check in on them and chat to some of them). I created a character who had several unknowns in her application (unknown to me because they were unknown to her). One of these was the name of the person who had enslaved her (she knew him by an alias and thus I had never bothered to figure out/name him). The administrators took issue with the fact I didn't have a name for this person and that I had filled out a first person application (that was how they set it up) where gaps in my character's knowledge were intentionally left.

I left pretty quick after that, I wasn't going to argue that black and blue.

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.

• 9 months later...

Nearly blew up on an admin who was racist overmy face claim choice in the OOC Discord.  In a nut shell, I chose a canon character in a fandom, was told I didn't have to use the person rumored to be playing that character in an upcoming live action show just pick someone of east asian or middle eastern descent (since apparently thats the same?) . Did it they actually are east asian with middle eastern heritage, showed the staff my picked, they loved it. Then when I was literally two sentences away from finishing the application, the main admin messages me.  She made a racist comment to me, I asked her to clarify, was given a 'he can't be east asian since his eyes don't really look it'.  Instantly wanted to go off on this person and put it in the general chat on the discord, already had it typed up and everything and literally paced around my room for an hour after that. I'm latin american (mexican) and told by many people I'm not because the 5% Spaniard in me light skinned  so comments of 'not (insert minority) enough, or 'can not be a real (insert here again) because..' kind of set me off. In the end I just deleted it and iced the RP for a week.