Site Lingo

clipsed

It's totally natural for a group of people to develop their own shorthand, especially if you've got an entire ~world you've developed for your roleplay. But how do you (either as an individual member or a part of a wider staff team) introduce that lingo to new members?

And as a new member, what (if anything) would you like to see in this arena?

Edited by clipsed

IKiE2z.png

• Admin

With IPS I use the acronym tool. You'll note with things like faceclaim you can mouse over it and see the definition for those that may not know what it means.

Having an index of "site related lingo" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

The site I admin on has a terminology page dedicated to frequent word/phrases used onsite. It's a combination of concepts from the book series that the site's based off of + our own lore. I've found that it's been a quick and convenient way to learn site lingo since you can quickly go to the page, scroll until you find the term you're unfamiliar with, and then go back to writing.

• Agree 1

Been roleplaying for about 8-9 years.

• 8 months later...

@Faux The game I run does the same thing. And with everything on one page you can use ctrl+f to pull up your browsers find system and search really quickly for the word or phrase without being trapped reading the whole list for one word.

spacer.png