IC Rumor Mill via Discord Bot

Juls

This has been such a cool addition to our game that I thought I'd share in case anyone might find it handy!  Once per day, members can run the command !rumor to get some piece of gossip.  

spacer.png

The Setup:

I'm sure there are other Bots that allow custom commands, so if you've already got another general purpose bot, it might be worth investigating that before adding another one! 

I utilized MEE6

MEE6.XYZ

Manage your Discord server with leveling, moderation, Twitch, Youtube and Reddit notifications.

1. Create a new Custom Command
  2. Name it !rumor
  3. Set the Action dropdown to 'Bot responds with' 
  4. Choose 'Random'
  5. Populate the messages with potential rumors (MEE6 allows up to 25 at a time)

spacer.png

To limit the use to daily (or whatever interval you wish), set a User Cooldown on the command.   I started with 24 hours, then later reduced it to 20 just to avoid having to run it later than I ran it yesterday.  

spacer.png

Hope that's helpful to someone!  It's kicked off a good bit of activity for us.  Just gotta update the rumor mill once in awhile with some fresh stuff! 

Edited by Juls
  • Great Idea 1

Omg I didn't know you could do this sort of thing with MEE6. I'm going to have to see if I can get this going on our site 👀

• Fuck Yeah! 1

• 5 weeks later...

This is such a clever idea! I've used MEE6 on and off, but I never realised it could do this. Definitely going to look into how a rumour command can be used for our server now that I've seen this.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"