How Many Characters do you Have vs Actively Play?

Dragon

believe it or not i only have 16 characters but sadly only use 2 to 3 of them just never have the time 😕

OhMcGawGaming

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have more than a thousand, and they only are active when I'm in the mood to roleplay. Otherwise, they stay right here, in my head.

"Let's think positive!" - Maya Amano, Persona 2: Innocent Sin

I've lost count of the characters I've created over the years, both for rp and for writing.

I currently have 5 characters I'm actively playing.

No clue what to put here yet

• 3 months later...

I'm not good at creating new characters, so I tend to reuse the same half-dozen or so over and over again.

Right now I have 7 characters, but I had to relegate 1 to Inactive because I just didn't have enough muse to keep using her.

(And I do distinguish between whether I have the muse to write them vs. having the muse but no outlet in the form of plots, threads, etc.)

ad banner 515x127.png

ILIDILA.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, Dragon said:

Obviously the vast majority of roleplayers and writers have created more than one character. 

So this question is pretty simple. How many characters have you created, and how many are you actively using at the moment? 

I have created so many characters, now granted I stan the many worlds interpretation when it comes to my characters so for instance I'll have sixteen characters all named the same name but with either very different backstories and information or super similar it's just tweaks in the history that seriously impact the character's personality and the way they do things to make them a different character. Which makes my list of characters friggen huge. But I've gotten away from that trend a lot lately. 

Now a days I play four to five different characters at max, with three characters being my actual main focus for development, with loose developmental goals and story elements I want to drag others through share with other RP'ers through RP. While the other two are just sorta there for the ride type of deal. 

spacer.png
Forum || Discord

• 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh, I think back to my childhood of playing an obscene amount of characters per site *nervous sweating*

If I'm going to just estimate.. yikes... Probably around a hundred? Say I was on 15-20 sites with an average of 2 characters per site pre-2005 that's like 30 characters already. Since then there's been sites where I had, over the years, 10 different characters. A slew with just a few. Yeah. Easily around a hundred.

Currently, I've got uhh... 4. I'm not equally active with all of them, one's barely active at all.

KOTOLL - 18+ urban fantasy

icon.png.bd65e891ade50e02b038ea5f48741a26.png

Home | Discord

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh man... at the height of my RP activity I played like 14 characters (actively) on a single site. That was the only site I was on though, and after it became defunct I found myself rather enjoying not putting all my eggs in one basket/genre. Nowadays I like playing on a couple of different sites, with one or two characters per site. This helps me make sure I can maintain a level of activity across the board, and gives me lots of different characters and environments to work with if writer's block is an issue!

bbrbanner_ver2.png

Forum || Discord

• 3 weeks later...

I like to keep it low, maybe only 3 or 4 active characters at a time... more than that and it gets hard to keep track of. Funnily enough, I have a few "main" characters, the ones that I always keep coming back to and putting in different setting just because I love them so much.

I currently have 16 active characters. I have 6 that are retired and 2 deceased.

The retired characters may or may not ever come back into play.

All of my characters are played on my site TWW. Some of the retired are from another.

I would like 1 more on a sci fi site as I have a hankering to play a badass space chick. This may never happen!

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been roleplaying online since the start of 2000 and I've honestly lost count of how many character I've had over the years. Or on how many different sites I've been on. Can't even remember the names on most of them anymore. At most I think I had 5 active characters on the same site, while being on several of other sites at the same time with at least a couple of characters on each of them too.

Currently, I have 2 (plus 1 currently a bit inactive.) I told myself to only stick with 1, but it took barely a month or so from joining and there I was sitting with more already XD

pOiwobq.png.2c04852c367d567a4d559da57101f1a2.png

• 2 months later...

My character roster tends to be pretty small, the max I have done in the past is about five characters but they were all very active. I tend to get overwhelmed having too many characters on the go, I'm also not good at being on multiple sites at once. I think the max I could do is one or two. My brain gets too busy and my life/hobby balance doesn't feel right if I have to much going on. 

WIT BEYOND MEASURE

a hogwarts-centric, potter era rp