How Many Characters do you Have vs Actively Play?

Dragon

• Operations Mod

Obviously the vast majority of roleplayers and writers have created more than one character. 

So this question is pretty simple. How many characters have you created, and how many are you actively using at the moment? 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Like... how many have I ever created? That is a list I can only determine as infinite simply because I have been at this RP thing since... before 2000...  ((wow i feel old))

Now I have currently four characters and I actively write for them all. I try not to create more than I can handle.

• Cheers 2

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

I am no more roleplaying for one year and a half, and no chance to return to it. But when I was, I had 10+ characters on my site and also NPCs to write when the story needed them. On other sites, when I was writing on others, I had 1-6. And there was no thread any of my characters or a NPC I could write was needed and me not to bring them there!

A story is richer with more characters which could bring their contribution to it... Also in my novels, I am the type of writer having many characters, writing about the interaction of the main characters with whole groups of people... And this is the same in life too. We interact with family, even with the annoying aunt or spoiled second cousin, we interact with our schoolmates and teachers, then at work, then with the groups of friends...

• Agree 1

Years ago, I used to run 10+ characters and posted steadily on all of them, but these days I notice I really only have the time for max three per forum, and I prefer to stick to one or two forums. Sometimes posting go in bursts, if I haven't managed to get a good thread or plot hook for them, but they never sit idle for too long. That being said, if I have one in a thread, I'm going to post as soon as I can after getting a reply.

I try to be reliable these days, rather than run a whole big stable of characters. I find I get easily overwhelmed with a lot of threads and a little obsessive, which means I can start pushing aside rl stuff in favour of just making sure all my posts are in. I don't like letting that happen!

In total, though? I've probably made over forty characters, with a few regulars I took with me to places where it seemed they'd fit.

static-historicalrp.jpg

"Indiana was the dog!"

Oh, god. I've been RPing for like 20 years, I've probably created like, upwards of 300 characters in total. On the last RP I was really enmeshed in circa 2016-2017 I probably had about 30-35 characters total. I love NPCs and my worlds grow big and unmanageable and crazy in short order. I've dialed it back a bit and now I have 9. 

Edited by Shayne

apollostation.gif.cd7db540d2caff85d08b42abf82613f3.gif

I'm gonna try to count them all, but I know I'll likely miss a lot. There's been upwards of 30-40, and I currently am playing 8. One site actually discouraged playing a lot of characters and would only allow people to have 5 characters at a time. So I definitely would've had more if not for that, lol.

passingstrangebanner.png.ed67e1ebd6c483ac31e37a65aa393663.png

There are so many different ways to answer this question. Oh my! 

How many characters have I created over the years? Countless! Really. I've been doing this for over 15 years. There are hundreds of characters I've made over the years.

How many of those did I get into threads? No where near as many. Maybe a few dozen, really.

How many characters am I actively playing right now? I am actively playing 31 characters at the moment. I have two more applications in progress. And plans to bring in at least two more characters after those are completed. All but one of my characters have posts in the last 30 days. And the one who doesn't is because her thread partner left in order to focus on their mental health.

Of those 31 currently accepted characters, 9 of them are characters that I have played in other incarnations over the years. The other 22 accepted are all brand new.

siggy

Goodness. Hundreds created (over the past 2ish decades). I actively probably play about 20 at a given time, but my current site I do have around 70 but may be pruning a few in the near future to make room for more muse on the other more outspoken characters.

I am happy to see I am not the only 'oldie' hahaha I have been playing for about 20  years and in that time I've created hundreds of characters. I have in recent years scaled back on creating too many characters though as time and inspiration are running a bit shorter these days. I'd say at present though I have 20 active characters give or take.

Nexusicon.png.678647df9a8611874229c6fef966a1c3.pngLDoA2.png.2b360af5aa3728450d9d1f60c2115198.pngMC12021icon.png.f5a62dba6f4cd3eb33b26a676af08cc9.pngMinus2021red.gif.596c1ccbffb851eb8b6339674762d81c.gifDoL222icon.png.4157ef5853ea802eb357bd765a221871.png

So right now I have six, which is probably the most I've ever played at one time on one site. Although there are obvious favourites who have more ongoing threads and plots, which makes things a little easier when balancing how many threads I take on each month.

• 1 month later...

I am only on one site right now. I have one character and am actively playing him. 😀 I doubt I'll make any more.

All of the characters I've created throughout my rp journey is too many to recall.

I currently have 5 characters I actively play across 3 sites.

From the VERY beginning, I've created well over 50, if not more!

However, currently I have 10 created. 2 (maybe 3) will be put into active play shortly.

• 4 weeks later...

My site has AC requirements, so I'm active with each of the 5 characters I have. While I have some base level of activity for all of them, I am much more active with a few of my characters. Certain chars have many more IC connections than others, so they naturally accumulate way more threads.

• 1 month later...

Created/played many characters, currently have one that I'm semi-active with due to several reasons including wanting more physical-life/writing-life balance. Having multiple characters would overwhelm me.

Edited by Rainbow Wilderness