Do you prefer pre-made groups or groups formed ICly?

Bom Bom

Heya, I'm in the process of making an animal RPG. There will be groups/packs of animals that are known as guilds on site. Typically, the requirements needed to create a guild are:

1. To qualify to lead a guild, you must have an active character with at least 30 IC posts and have at least 3 followers played by different people.
  2. Players may only have one leader character, though can have unlimited characters in other positions.
  3. Guilds will disperse if the active member count ever drops below 4 during an activity check.
  4. A leader must make at least 1 post between each activity check. Exceptions can be given by the mod team if the player is on hiatus, but this is up to the staff's discretion.
  5. If a leader goes inactive, the guild can decide on a new one. Guilds will have 2 weeks to decide on a new leader, if a new leader cannot be found or decided upon in time the guild will disperse.

Since I expect guilds to be a big part of this rp I was wondering if I should start with a couple of pre-made groups, or if I should start with none and let the groups form naturally through the roleplay.

When joining new sites like this, which do you prefer to see? have groups form naturally or have options already established to choose from?

I think in the beginning it would be best to have some pre-made ones for people to be able to join but also allow the option to create others still. It would help others get a better idea of the structure that you're looking for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Athena said:

I think in the beginning it would be best to have some pre-made ones for people to be able to join but also allow the option to create others still. It would help others get a better idea of the structure that you're looking for.

Thanks for the feedback!

That's what I've been leaning towards doing  but figured I'd ask for others opinions as well!

2 hours ago, Loveshocker said:

I prefer ones formed IC, and I think gatekeeping making new ic groups might kill early activity. But having a few "official" ones is probably a good idea since in 20+ years I've never really made and maintained an IC group due to somebody eventually flaking or the site shutting down 😛

Users will still be open to create groups if they meet the requirements, but I would also have pre-made ones to start out with. Here is the set up I am currently leaning towards:

-  if you create a guild on the site, you automatically agree to the possibility of it being taken over or run by someone else if you go inactive.  This will allow new members to take over pre-existing guilds if the leader leaves the site and gives the guild another chance if members are still interested in it.  It will also allow people who wouldn't want their guild idea being taken over to know beforehand, so they can adjust their idea to something they are more comfortable with if someone were to take it over or decide not to create a guild if they are not okay with it. 

- Pre-made guilds will  still follow the dispersal guidelines in case they ever go inactive. However, to prevent the site from becoming guildless, I would also add that the dispersal guidelines do not apply if the number of active guilds on-site ever drops below 3, so there is always a minimum of two guilds on site for new players to choose from.

I think it's helpful that you start out with pre-made groups and then just let other groups evolve naturally In Game. 

[center][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gnVUS8y.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Dragon Age: Post-Trespasser
9:47 DRAGON[/b]
[URL=https://herebedragonsrp.jcink.net/]Guidelines[/URL][/center]