How to START my own game/site

Pepper

How would I go about starting my own game?

• Admin

It depends on the medium you want to use. There are sites that provide forums like JCink that most people prefer. There are standalone ones that require hosting like MyBB.

You would need to see what software would fit your needs and start building from there.

I'm moving this to the RP Admins forum as this really isn't a question for the staff.

• Thank you 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

What kind of game are you thinking about starting, Pepper?  The other options that I know about besides JCink are:

• A Discord Server - If you want something that's free to use, relatively quick to set up, and don't mind the post length cap of 2000 characters, this is not a bad option.  (This is the route I picked because I love the ease of keeping up with various threads, even if I'm not an active player in all of them!) 
  • RP Repository - Also free to use (though there are paid options to get some additional features) is RPR.  It offers the ability to create 'Groups' where you can have a few pages for information, plus your own set of forums that can either be public or private.  Here's more information about their groups feature.

4 hours ago, Morrigan said:

It depends on the medium you want to use. There are sites that provide forums like JCink that most people prefer. There are standalone ones that require hosting like MyBB.

You would need to see what software would fit your needs and start building from there.

I'm moving this to the RP Admins forum as this really isn't a question for the staff.

Thank you, Morrigon!!!

But I'm not an admin.

3 hours ago, Juls said:

What kind of game are you thinking about starting, Pepper?  The other options that I know about besides JCink are:

• A Discord Server - If you want something that's free to use, relatively quick to set up, and don't mind the post length cap of 2000 characters, this is not a bad option.  (This is the route I picked because I love the ease of keeping up with various threads, even if I'm not an active player in all of them!) 
  • RP Repository - Also free to use (though there are paid options to get some additional features) is RPR.  It offers the ability to create 'Groups' where you can have a few pages for information, plus your own set of forums that can either be public or private.  Here's more information about their groups feature.

Thank you as well Juls!!! VERY helpful!!

4 hours ago, Juls said:

Forgot to add that what I'd like to create is an open writing forum