Gender Bending Fandom Canons

• Admin

So I'm sitting here making a site that I've been long time working on and well... I considered "God wouldn't it be more fun if XYZ character was a woman instead of a man?" and it got me thinking about other canons that could be a fuck ton of fun to gender bend aka flip their gender.

If you run or a part of a fandom, would you just die if a man character was not the gender that they were supposed to be.

The best way I can describe it is through the show Loki. If Loki was a woman in the MCU instead of the man he is currently, would that change your opinion on the RP that you're coming into? Or, if its AU then it can be as AU as you want it to be? Would you be interested in seeing this or would it turn you off of the genre in general?

adtest3.png

engineeringad.jpg

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I guess you have not chosen the right example, because Loki was a woman not only once in his trickster ways. He was even a mare when he gave birth to Sleipnir 🙂

So he would be the less odd in this world to gender bend. But I think alternative stories where Dr Watson was a woman had happened... and brought the story in our times, where Guinevere was a woman of colour... and so on. Therefore, I think I have nothing against it. It just means alternative stories, alternative points of view , etc.

• Admin

I was talking more the MCU @Elena not the actual god but you're right I could have chosen a way better example lol.

And that's kinda what I was thinking too.

• Agree 1

adtest3.png

engineeringad.jpg

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

I am not sure what MCU means, but Norse mythology, yes 😍.

• Admin

Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Agree 1

adtest3.png

engineeringad.jpg

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Never seen any Marvel movie, sorry! But wrote a Viking Era novel, so I read the Edda in English and several other Norse mythology books and Icelandic sagas.