Places To Advertise

• Contributions Mod

I've thought about this for a while. Outside of resource places, going site to site, which isn't effective, most stick to Tumblr. The problem with that is it is a declining platform. I know there's a Reddit for forum rp sites. Has anyone tried Twitter, Facebook, or some other places? Have you had any luck?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tumblr seems to be going through some kind of renaissance, actually. A lot of people are ditching Twitter and FB for various reasons, and jumping those ships back to the ship they jumped from years ago, so to speak. So I wouldn't give up on it yet!

The other place to do it, I've found, is on Discord servers. A few resource forums have gone discord-only. There's usually places to advertise sites and want ads on these.

So far I have found: 

The Historical Syndicate (for historical only, obvs.)

Jcink Community Corner

A Thousand Fireflies

The Roleplay Network

Rockin' Roleplay

NickPic

user posted image

I've done Instagram in the past. It got a good bit attention but I can't say it did much in terms of pulling members because I went on a Hiatus for a bit so I didn't maintain one for very long.

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

Discords:

1. The Jcink Community Corner
2. A Thousand Fireflies
3. Rockin Roleplay
4. Nickpic
5. Inner Child

6. Midnight Resources

7. The Crossroads

8. RPG Matchbook

9. Wicked Resources

10. DDR

Tumblrs:

1. All Things Roleplay

2. The RP Source

3. RPG Adverts

4. Daily Jcink

5. Jcink Galore

6. RPings

7. Jcink Network

8. RP Directory

9. Crossroads-rps

10. Jcink Tinder

11. Jcink Resource

You can find a few reddit ones by looking up the keywords RP and Advertise respectively.
But I'm not sure if many folks use that site to find forums atm. So your best bet is to just see what works for you.

Hope this helps!

• Contributions Mod

@Waugand @Troupe_Master_Grimmthanks for the list.  It's certainly a nice start. I've been a bit concerned that our corner of the rp world has been casting its net too small. There are a bunch of Tumblr places, Discord places, a few Reddit ones, and that's about it. There are a lot for Tumblr and Discord, but if you aren't on there, you'll miss them. 

I checked Twitter for some kind of hashtag or something, but not much activity there. I don't know where to start with Facebook, Youtube, or Tiktok. I'm starting to check out collaborative and creating writing groups to see what I might be able to find. @LaviI'm curious about Instagram and how you got it to work for you. If you create a new one, keep me updated because I'd like to see it.

1 hour ago, Mistress Of The Obvious said:

I've been a bit concerned that our corner of the rp world has been casting its net too small. There are a bunch of Tumblr places, Discord places, a few Reddit ones, and that's about it. There are a lot for Tumblr and Discord, but if you aren't on there, you'll miss them. 

I've had the same concerns recently, especially now as an advert mod. I feel like to some degree, reddit is almost as "useless" as Site to Site as it attracts guests but doesn't really reel them into the experience. Directories, Tumblr, and Discord seem to be your best bet so far at pulling in new people. I haven't tried major social media yet, the concept of managing it frankly scares me when I already keep up with daily/or so adverts on Discord/Tumblr and the like for play by post roleplayers to flock to. I don't doubt that branching out could get more eyes on a site, but those eyes might not actually be interested or looking for something on a site like Twitter or Facebook. Maybe Tiktok. But...I have my doubts.

I might try and set one up for the hell of it.

It'd be a pretty quick thing to do and allow me to polish my video editing skills.

Who knows ~

• 2 months later...

Another place to advertise is RP Adverts. I didn't see it on the list, but it's a Tumblr that caters to all platforms of role-playing, including Tumblr RPs and some on softwares other than Jcink.

https://rpadverts.tumblr.com

spacer.png
V A G A B O N D C O D E
Guidebook • Canons • Site Canons • Discord
AU STAR WARS RPG • 21+ • Jcink Premium • 2+ years