Dusting off after a long hiatus

Menalippe

After a multi-year hiatus, I'm trying to resurrect my beloved Mad Max site, so I'm on a learning curve trying to remember How To Admin.

I never really know what to put in these intro threads. :[ Maybe it's my rustiness from being out of the game for so long showing

ad banner 515x127.png

ILIDILA.png

Welcome back Menalippe - I'm in the same boat as you! I quit roleplaying sometime during 2020, then decided to create a new site at the end of last year 😀 the learning curve can be a struggle, but you'll get there! It'll all come flooding back to you eventually.

Till then, best of luck getting back to running your site - trust me that it'll be worth getting into all over again!

Ex Vino Veritas

It has been good so far, though my good mood about the whole thing got a serious wrench thrown into it after the Proboards Police Support came knocking on my door complaining about "we don't allow mature content".

My site didn't contain any mature content, btw; what they cited when they issued the warning was one of the rules I had written that said essentially that mature content was allowed but had to be tagged so that people could avoid it if they didn't want to partake.

I could also use some advice on advertising the site; that's always been my weakest area as a staff member, not just not knowing where to post but the fact that it's one of those 'high executive function, low dopamine' tasks that the ADHD part of my brain hates.

Edited by Menalippe

ad banner 515x127.png

ILIDILA.png

• Contributions Mod

Welcome back! I know all about the struggle of the learning curve. It seems like it might be increasing rather than decreasing at least at first. I'm happy to see So Shiny, So Chrome being resurected! I remember that site and it's a great idea. I'm considering resurecting my site sometime in March most likely. Picking out skins are so tricky these days.

As far as advertising, some are still doing the site to site links. Others have dropped that entirely going for just advertising on forums and the like. Feel free to ask a question regarding advertising if need be. 

• Love 1

You have no idea how happy it made me that you remembered my humble RPG ❤️

ad banner 515x127.png

ILIDILA.png

On 1/18/2023 at 6:23 PM, Menalippe said:

After a multi-year hiatus, I'm trying to resurrect my beloved Mad Max site, so I'm on a learning curve trying to remember How To Admin.

I never really know what to put in these intro threads. :[ Maybe it's my rustiness from being out of the game for so long showing

Welcome!

Welcome. I too am slowly starting to try returning after a long hiatus. I recommend making baby steps and not feeling overwhelmed leaping right into remaking your site. I am finding the baby step method helpful myself.....checking resource forums...reading things...looking at a few forum writing threads so my brain is getting used to reading posts again...small notes on new ideas i see or trends that may work for your site too help. 

spacer.png