Interest Check: A Transhumanism Roleplay

tiffamu

"Transhumanism is a philosophical and intellectual movement which advocates the enhancement of the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies that can greatly enhance longevity and cognition."

I'm currently in the process of reviving an old site of mine that revolves around a secret laboratory creating human/animal hybrids and would like some feedback on whether there is interest in the theme. I have a small group of old members from the previous iteration of the site that will more than likely join up on the new site once it's finished.

THE PLOT

Dr. Hans Merwin began experimenting with combining human and animal DNA in 1984 with hopes of giving humans the amazing evolutionary adaptations of other animals. However, his first attempts were not successful, and none of the human-animal hybrids grew to term. After years of extensive research and nearly-successful trials, the U.S. government took note of his breakthroughs and provided the funds he needed to produce the first successful birth of a human-animal hybrid in 1993. The team began testing the abilities of the children, sometimes taking extreme measures. As a result, in 2002, a hyena hybrid attacked the scientists and caused the operation to be shut down. The children were relocated to a large compound in Latvia to keep them separated from the rest of the world, and their creators. The addition of new hybrids to the compound leaves everyone to believe that the doctor and his team continue his work in secret.

Playable characters would be the human scientists running the project and creating/training the hybrids, and then the two groups of hybrids in the laboratory and in the park. The hybrids would be mostly human looking with some animal characteristics (such as claws, ears, tails, wings, color patterns, etc.) and have the capability to have enhanced abilities from their animal DNA. I've also been thinking they could have superhuman powers (like telekinesis, invisibility, transformation, etc.) and maybe some cybernetic implants to further refine or control their abilities, give them new ones, or eliminate weaknesses.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or questions just let me know! You can also join our discord to chat with everyone that's still around.

d9lilb3-166a811e-5424-4a52-892a-77974e82670a.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumping this to see if anyone is interested

d9lilb3-166a811e-5424-4a52-892a-77974e82670a.png

• 3 months later...

I don't have any particular questions but I hope you get this up and running, this used to be one of my favourite genres back in the day!

spacer.png