The Electric Chair

Morrigan

Asked Fain, will ask you. Your perfect day?

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

• Admin

No worries, no cares, no phone calls, no internet, watching movies with my kids, eating junk food and being all around just lazy.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 1 month later...

What's your dream job?

And what's your secondary dream job? c:

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

• Admin

Dream job hmmmmm.... Professional people person.

Secondary, web administrator.

@Red Star

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

(1)

Why this site?

Seriously, why RPG Initiative?

There are other bigger and older directory and resource sites, with contenders popping up (and shriveling down) all the time. What did you hope to achieve that was different, or, was it that you felt dissatisfied in those other more prominent sites? Did you simply want to try and see what happened? Was it that you felt divided between resource sites and wanted to focus in one place? Was it simply a thing that grew organically and this is how it is now? Did you have a vision, a hope, a dream, or simply spare time?

(2)
RPG Initiative has been around for a LONG time. A few years at least.  But, like all things that take time and others, it wasn't an instant success.

What kept you going during those times when things felt slow, or that the expectation didn't meet the reality? Did you simply have too many other things to focus on to be bothered with? Did you simply know things would just work out and kept striving towards that vision?

(3)

Are you also the author of RPGRating, the #-#-# system ?

(Sorry, I forgot if you told me once or not)

(4)

Given that RPG-Initiative is so very different from other resource sites in that it provides screenshots, collects reviews, has keywords, are there any major items for the site that you one day hope to achieve? (especially if they are novel and innovative)

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

• Admin

Apparently I haven't been paying attention to my hot seat post.

@Gothams Reckoning I would love to taste test pasta. I just really love pasta.

@xexes

Question 1: This one is actually pretty complicated as The Initiative community was migrated from Distant Fantasies and I inherited that site from it's previous owner. The most basic answer to this question is that over all other directories and resources I like the way that the members of The Initiative make me feel and the way they treat each other. I feel respected for my opinion even if someone doesn't agree with me. It just feels safe and that's what I try to cultivate here.

Expanding on that, I felt that some directories weren't really directories, at least not for sites. Websites, especially roleplays, span multiple genres and fandoms and many directories are black and white. I felt there was a better way and so as we have evolved so has our directory. I hope it will continue to evolve. This is the same for our other services like our Playby directory, Character Exchange, Writing Partner search.

Question 2: Actually RPG Initiative isn't even a year old yet. In May will be our first birthday. Overall in the lulls I just reviewed what was going on and seeing where we were lacking (which was often just time from me) and tried focusing on those things. I also focus on the members that we already have. Really that's the way to success, to make sure that the members you have feel like coming back. I think overall the site is a success if members keep coming back.

Question 3: I am the original creator of the RPG Rating system.

Question 4: World domination! Wait this wasn't my personal goals sorry. >_> Really I just hope it keeps growing and continues to become more streamlined. My biggest goal is that it doesn't get to a point where every post doesn't sound passive aggressive and that everyone is stepping on toes or walking on eggshells. The actual features of the site I'm hoping they will grow. We have quite a few projects that we have on the back burner while we get our staff better filled out to handle the current features on the site. Some of our goals is to start Youtube video tutorials and a youtube interview cast or a podcast about roleplays and hot topics, failures and successes.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Since I'm a Pinkie gal I'll go with Cupcakes. Honestly I don't eat a lot of sweets. I'd prefer a pretzel over either of those. ;) @Gothams Reckoning

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

I'm very tired and just misread the title as "The eldritch chair", so what do you think an eldritch chair would look like? 

sig.png

• Admin

I imagine something like this:

Evil-Chair.jpg

or this:

Skeleton-Rocking-Chair.jpg

@Freya

• LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Admin

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

What motivates you to keep going?

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• Admin

If you're talking real life: My kids

If you're talking about the Initiative: I have no fucking idea. Late night drunk talks with friends that I don't remember the next day?

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png