A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

Oh man I have a massive list of these.... many have been mentioned already XD BUT I did want to bring up this: (and please let me know if this is not allowed and I'll remove!)

Also when you are working on a post and your internet decides to be fucky, you loose that post and have to re-write it. Half the time I don't feel like I have enough energy/muse whatever you wanna call it and write it out again. 

There is a Chrome extension I use called Lazarus that saves your posts even if your browser crashes or if your computer crashes. It has saved me many a headache! I'm not sure if there is one available also for FIrefox or other browsers but I figured I'd put that out there in case someone might be able to make use of it :) 

*will be adding to this list of RP peeves when I get home*

111i9o3.jpg

KEYS TO THE CITY is currently looking for canons and OCs!

deviantART + tumblr

Ok i am not sure if someone else has said this because i have been away for a bit and haven't kept up.

When you are a member of staff and a member asks you something with the only reason being that an other member of staff gave them the answer they didn't want and think you will answer them differently.

My other peeve is being a member of staff and feeling you are the last person to know what's going on.

I also hate it when I am busting my ass on a thread trying to make it as good as I can and receive a five minute, five line response.

Atm that's all I got 

• I read this! 4

BcvKJVv.jpg

That moment when your roleplay partners internet just ceases to exist. 

• I read this! 6

Guest RileyCasper

My worst pet peeve is when I spend a good 2 hours or so to get out a very discriptive post, and I get a return of just one line in under 2 minutes >.< Seriously!

Total pet peeve when an RP partner gets upset at one of my posts and won't tell me that they're upset until it's torn things apart; or if they tell me they don't care about something then turns out they're actually very upset over it. I am not good at deciphering subtle nuance.

• I read this! 4

ghost_microkit_by_hyraea-d4c4grg.gif2nm3jao.jpg8120380.png?mtime=Vv_oIAAAYRw
:ghost:  2hmo3vd.png :ghost:
credits: [kitten][humerus][dragon]

Oh Oh Oh I got another one.

When your the most active poster on the site and people give you grief when you have to be off for a week or heaven forbid your ill.

Or when you take a lot of time to write what you think is a pretty good post and the person responds by ignoring most of what you did or said.

And People who come to a site to rp with the person who recruited them and no one else. While this one is not a big deal it just seems like why are you here if you want to just write with that person use a google doc or create a board just for the two of you. Why are you here?

When i bring people in to a site who are in my opinion good writers and they get treated like trash because there new and write differently from the main style.

• I read this! 9

BcvKJVv.jpg

One of my pet peeves when you cannot find a picture that resembles what you see in your mind when you want to let your partner know what something looks like. 

• I read this! 6

What REALLY drives me up the wall are the folk who leave a comment in your dropbox, or even proceed to brainstorming, squealing 'ooo I wanna play Harley against your Joker!!'

Then they sit on their hands and dodge any questions or prompts you throw at them, mumbling 'I dunno what plot, era/timestamp, canon, setting... Anything goes.'

When you -know-, due to logic and past experiences, 'anything goes' means jack shit, and they shoot down every plot you suggest.

PEOPLE. If you approach somebody for an RP, you must know what you actually want to write! Beyond who's who! I swear to Dog.

• I read this! 8
  • Preach it! 1

ICON COMMISSIONED BY KOSPERRY - DO NOT USE.

HOBB'S END RPG 

FALLOUT 4 RPG IN PROGRESS.

Writing third person in one post, then in first person the next post.

• I read this! 4

dcsEFuW.jpg

The SGC is part of the group, Federation Sim Fleet.

When you really want to post but you got a major headache :( 

• I read this! 4

• 2 weeks later...

When people on another site bully and attack one of your rp buddies and friends because they're exploring their character and going with natural development rather than keeping them stagnant - and apparently that's OOC [it's not - canon source shows the first sign of this at the end of the movie]. Bonus points if they're getting on their case about sexual things that they've stated make them uncomfortable and they won't do. I want to hug my friend and go burn the site down. >>

• I read this! 7

When I'm stressed and only have time for one or two posts and I choose to make those posts to the threads I want to do really badly because they've been on my mind... and somebody else gets jealous. Sorry... I thought this was supposed to be for fun. Thanks for making it less fun for me and ruining it.

• I read this! 5

Reality is an illusion. 

Lordy, I agree with so much of this!

I hate getting very little in return from what I put in.

I extra hate it when my characters are super involved in a plot and the other person just poofs.

I hate it when people don't COMMUNICATE! If something is up, people, I'm not a mind reader. I need to know so I can fix it!

I hate it when my character who just happens to enjoy sex is suddenly bombarded by inane smut thread wants. I need PLOT!

So many more, but that's a start.

• I read this! 4
  • Love 1
Find me on my sites!
The Next Incantation :: The Last Island

When admins make a big change without considering how it will affect players' characters.

When players demand a change that'll affect other players' characters. Bonus points, when they can have exactly what they want for their own character, but it's not good enough unless it affects every member of the same species/group/etc.

When I'm stressed and only have time for one or two posts and I choose to make those posts to the threads I want to do really badly because they've been on my mind... and somebody else gets jealous. Sorry... I thought this was supposed to be for fun. Thanks for making it less fun for me and ruining it.

I'm the jealous type. :-D Nah, I'm kidding. I understand how you feel. I do get annoyed when people take this to the extreme though...like repeatedly "forgetting" your thread while making multiple posts every day for multiple days to their friends' threads.
  • I read this! 2

dcsEFuW.jpg

The SGC is part of the group, Federation Sim Fleet.