A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

12 minutes ago, Shades said:

Hello, me! XD

I don't have a terrible hatred for smut, but I'm moving closer and closer to not doing it anymore exactly for this reason. People get so caught up in it that, if it depends on them, the plot never moves around. I'm in the same boat as you, I'll now only write a sex scene if it's plot-relevant for some reason. Otherwise, fade to black, I have plots I want to move.

We are three in this boat :)

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Elena said:

We are three in this boat :)

I think we're gonna need a bigger boat. :D

• Love 1
  • Cheers 1
  • LOL 1

Shady McShaderson

probably someone making chars that have mental issues or aggressive issues...but mostly they create one type of char like one general race and don't branch out creative.

• Agree 1

Guest Parasite Eve

When it's been about an hour since I lastposted, the person I'm roleplaying with will send me a PM to see if I'm still interested in the roleplay because I haven't posted in a while. Like, bruh, I already made it clear I'm not a rapid fire poster what the heck.

When my partners keep constantly poking me to let me know they will post to one specific thread today. And then weeks or months later they haven't.

Dude... I can wait, I swear. Just stop giving me deadlines you know you won't meet over and over again. Or, if you're not feeling the roleplay, tell me! We can do something different, or stop.

• Like 1

Shady McShaderson

• 7 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 3:50 AM, Honorem said:

Talking about how great and awesome and unique their own character is, while having never actually made an IC post.

THIS! Oh my word this peeves me beyond description.  And when they then sit in c-box or discord, whichever is being used. Just constantly talking about their character, and butting into conversations with how 'they' would react.  Yet still do absolutely nothing with IC posts.   Add to the annoyance when you see this same person elsewhere, doing the exact same thing in several places.

My other big peeve is when someone makes a new character which is just a fraction being off a complete carbon copy of one you've already made.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:19 AM, Black Kitten said:

THIS! Oh my word this peeves me beyond description.  And when they then sit in c-box or discord, whichever is being used. Just constantly talking about their character, and butting into conversations with how 'they' would react.  Yet still do absolutely nothing with IC posts.   Add to the annoyance when you see this same person elsewhere, doing the exact same thing in several places.

My other big peeve is when someone makes a new character which is just a fraction being off a complete carbon copy of one you've already made.

Bonus points if they do this immediately after someone else has asked for help on their own character or is (in the right way) trying to show something off that they have written. Because everyone always likes to be up staged  >.< *rolls eyes*

• 1 month later...

Wishy-washy vagueness. I'd like to write with a character, but the writer doesn't give me anything to go on. No ideas to bounce off (really), that are relevant to both characters. When I ask for information about their character(s), they don't tell me much so it's confusing. I don't really know what they want.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

On 11/29/2018 at 4:19 AM, Black Kitten said:

Twice as annoying when you watch them flip between reading your character's app and posting new bits in theirs. Three times more annoying when you are the staffer that has no valid reason to deny said app. 

My own biggest peeve right now is the hoarder. Makes a ton of characters, takes on a bunch of want ads. Never actually writes. And when they do, its once in a blue moon with their favorite OCs. 😩 I just want story progression for my characters. I can't do that if you're sitting on their biggest connections. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

I have 2 peeves that really bother me. Amusingly enough they're both about post length. 

I try to write a decently long reply. At least four or five paragraphs. 

I hate when I get back an absolutely TINY post. Like no body language. No internal monologue. No real reaction. Just a line or two of text. 

Conversely: I also hate when I get a 5000 word reply of internal monologue, none of which my character is privy too because they can't read your mind, and the only actual ACTION in your post is something along the lines of "nods their head." 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Using a celebrity face claim of some kind. I'm not against it, I just find it real iffy personally. 

• Disagree 1

When rpers think that I can take one of my characters and force them to make a decision or react a different way than they normally would. 

I like my characters. I like to keep them true to who they are.  I won't force them to like somebody, I won't let them act in a way they wouldn't. Sorry, the relationship you think you could get with them doesn't exist. Exit stage right.

• Agree 3
  • Love 1

use this one kat.png