A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

11 hours ago, wicked said:

When someone wants you to grant them special requests that go against your rules and they keep doing the whole "I wish I could have x because it would fit so great into xyz for my character" constantly in the chat. Or they pm said request to both admins hoping to get a different answer. 

I absolutely love when people PM individual staff members the same thing hoping one of them will crack. Do you not realize that we communicate? 

Sites that close/reopen/close/reopen fifty thousand times. Or ones that close and then reopen within days at a new URL. Why?

When you can't think of the word you need. You know what it is but it just won't come to the forefront of your mind. And you can't explain it without sounding like a crazy person.

When the same person comes into a chat over and over again doing the "I think I'm going to quit..." Similar to above, shit or get off the pot. We aren't here to play pity party. This is a hobby. If you aren't enjoying it anymore, figure out why and do what you have to to live your best life.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

2 hours ago, Rune said:

I absolutely love when people PM individual staff members the same thing hoping one of them will crack. Do you not realize that we communicate? 

I love this, too! Me and my staff are super close knit, so it's like... why did you think you would get special treatment from one or the other? Honestly, it puts them on my shit list right off the bat because it just feels so undermining and disrespectful to me.

One of my pet peeves is when someone mentions another person's character when roleplaying with mine when it isn't necessary in any way. I don't mind if they're just thinking about the person while they walk, for example, but like I had one thread where the person's character was meeting mine for a professional meeting, and the thread literally started off with their character talking about the great sex they just had??? How is that relevant at all?

• LOL 1

GbQDuEL.png

- When you write a post and in said post you have exactly what your character is doing then the person responding have them doing something else entirely. 

- When you try and help someone and then they try and turn the blame on you when they can't get your own way. 

- Waiting for replies. I don't mind waiting for replies if i know what is going on and/or i know your schedule and that your a slower role player, but when you suddenly go mia and refuse to let anyone know whats up?

• Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

user posted image                                                                                              

When a player asks the Admin to perform a task that would be extremely complicated on top of being a social hot potato and another player tries to friendly point out that it isn't necessary because the people on the board aren't worked up over the issue. And by the time you as the Admin have worked out exactly how to say "This is not something we feel necessary or complicated at this time" and by then the original poster has picked a fight with the just trying to help player and when you try to stop it the original poster just poofs and leaves the chat. 

You're left going.... "how the hell did that turn into someone rage quitting?" 

• Cringe 2

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Operations Mod
On 7/11/2019 at 5:01 AM, Mab said:

When you write a post and in said post you have exactly what your character is doing then the person responding have them doing something else entirely. 

Bonus peeve points when the person responding gets pissed off and upset because the character they so drastically ignored reacts negatively to being ignored. Somehow not just going along with the responder's egregious lack of regard toward the original post equates to 'flying off the handle' or 'flipping shit' or 'being a straight up bitch' - take your pick - always "for no reason". 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

When someone posts in your shipper asking about multiple things that were already stated in it. Okay, thanks for telling me that you either can't be assed to read anything or have zero reading comprehension. That sure bodes well for any future threads. 

When someone posts in your shipper asking about multiple things that were already stated in it. Okay, thanks for telling me that you either can't be assed to read anything or have zero reading comprehension. That sure bodes well for any future threads. 

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

• Face claim obsession/RPF.
  • Policing how people play their characters.
  • Not taking personal responsibility.
  • Excessive hostility/negativity.
  • Guilt tripping.
  • Agree 3

prombutton.gif.4e1b8312b0a3ebfb0391e63b7642d233.gif *  
{  18+ star trek | sandbox | no wc/ac | lazy lit   } NOVA  }

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 3:48 AM, wicked said:

When someone wants you to grant them special requests that go against your rules and they keep doing the whole "I wish I could have x because it would fit so great into xyz for my character" constantly in the chat. Or they pm said request to both admins hoping to get a different answer. 

Classic manipulation. They know exactly what they're doing. I hate that crap more than anything, basically backing you into a corner hoping you'll cave.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

Someone blew up at me for not joining their site and I gotta say that's one of my biggest peeves. They DMed me pitching their site and after poking around a bit, I said that I was uninterested. They asked if I'd do a bit of a site review as to what turned me off, so I obliged and mentioned the specific things that I'd disliked. I then noted that I had noticed the same inappropriate behaviours throughout the fandom that made me avoid it altogether. Admin went off about how I was a close-minded asshole who needed to understand how important the fandom was to them, and how I'd love it if I stopped thinking negatively about sites that probably hadn't been anything like the "real" fans. Yeah, that's really convincing me that the fandom's not crazy and toxic. And even if they're not, you most certainly are. The only thing I need to do is block you for my own sanity.

• Cringe 4

This is one of my biggest pet peeves: assuming someone's race/ethnicity and then telling that person that they are playing that character race incorrectly. Or when someone is misrepresenting culture/customs of that race.

I am half Korean and half African American. I grew up both learning Korean customs/culture and American customs/culture. I learned both American history and Korean history. I cannot stand when someone who I know for a fact is NOT Korean, proceeds to assume I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Korean culture and the stigmas in that culture. Or when people just say/do things WRONG, but yet I get chewed out for correcting a person for misrepresenting my culture. 

😑🤨 Okay...

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 1