A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

Partners who write you into a corner and then do nothing to help you out of the corner they put you in. The first can happen, I've done it on accident in the past. But then I edit my post and/or we brainstorm on how to get out of it.

• Agree 4

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

On 1/24/2019 at 3:41 AM, katherineespair said:

When rpers think that I can take one of my characters and force them to make a decision or react a different way than they normally would. 

YES.

I tend to be really up front about my characters' comfort zones and how they would react to certain situations. If you don't like the reaction, don't set up the situation. Easy peasy. Don't try to shoehorn my character into the plot the way you want them there. There's a better place for that: solo writing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

IKiE2z.png

;n; ppl who don't remind me when it's my turn to post. I know it's my responsibility to track my own RPs, but I had a busy week at work, and I totally forgot the thread even existed.... and not even the GM thought to poke me?

Glub glub.

When you're roleplaying your character in a group/family/pack/clan/etc that has lived together their ENTIRE LIVES but there's this one dude who doesn't know anything about the lore, family, names, anything about his group. Like dude. You're supposed to have lived here for the past 14 years. You should KNOW this character, you share a bedroom!! At least his name, gosh!

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Other rpers getting mad when I don't 'force' my characters to do something they wouldn't normally do. >.>

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

8 hours ago, The Seven said:

You've just spent three paragraphs internally insulting my character and calling me out but the only action you actually took was to smile and say "I see". You've done this several times in this thread. Please just say something out loud so I can fight you.

Man, I hate when people do that. 

Similarly, when someone has a character that's supposed to be a Big Cool Badass™ and all of their Big Cool Stuff™ happens offscreen. In bios or, just in some nebulous place in the player's head that's not actually on the site. Like yea, sometimes stuff happens offscreen, sure. And it's fine to have a cool character with a cool background.

But I'm gonna stop thinking the character is cool if they never actually do any Big Cool Stuff™ IC.

• Agree 3

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

Tagging you into a post when they've not discussed the plot with you. I don't mind that on twitter as much (not a great deal of space to write, so it makes sense), but on a forum? It's what we have shippers/plotters for. Failing that, a direct message or a private message wouldn't go astray, but putting your character into something without asking first? Folks might not have the time for it. It's kinda pushy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

When someone makes a point of asking to join your 'big plot!' ™ and then refuses to post/reply for it. Ever. Unless you send them a reminder once every month or two saying 'hey remember this?!' the other four people involved are hoping we could move on!' After 6-12 months the whole thing gets mighty old.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Current peeve is a new person coming into a site and expecting plot to be written around their character.

That and railroading ideas before they can be agreed to if it's something that would potentially effect my character/characters long term.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 2

• 4 weeks later...