A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

Oh god.. On my board I have put up like 10 open threads. 7 threads done by NPC's who are connected to the board groups that might lead to board rewards if players join them. Then we're running an event and I have 3 open threads in the event and you get rewards for the length of your posts in even threads (Capped so you can't just rapid fire to collect) 

There are still people who say they don't know what to do with their characters. It drives me mental. 

• Preach it! 4

spacer.png

Being approached to do a thread with someone (which I'm generally, always for if I can swing it with my thread load), then not being given any ideas as to what the thread should be about. Then, if we get to the point of figuring something out, just dropping things completely if I have the gall to ask the other person start it. 

I get not everyone likes doing openers, but sheesh, you came to me wanting to thread.

• Agree 3

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

Every so often I end up dropping a writing partner because their posts have so many grammar and spelling errors that it's hard or even impossible for me to understand them. Without fail, any time anyone else finds out about it, they ask why I wouldn't take the time to coach the person and talk like I'm obligated to hold the hand of whoever I dropped. And honestly? It annoys the hell out of me. 

I will write with literally anyone I can easily understand, and I have a hard time seeing that as snobby or elitist. If I've double- or triple-read your post and I'm still baffled as to what you're saying? Or there's more typos and errors than not? Or I spend longer trying to decipher your post than replying to it? Then it's not fun for me any more and I don't want to write with someone if it's not fun for me. I'll let you down easy and we can both move on to greener pastures. 

I'm here to write, not teach. There's millions of resources and guides just a google search away. If someone wants me to review a few pieces of writing and give some feedback, sure, but that's all I'm really willing to do. It drives me crazy when someone acts like I can't make that choice. Why don't you teach them yourself instead of telling me I'm doing the wrong thing by roleplaying in a way I enjoy? 

Edited by Jaxx
post got copied twice in the text box somehow? idk
  • Agree 1

Guest Parasite Eve

When some people think it is 'elitist' to ask for a writing sample. I ask for writing samples all the time and provide them up front. The reason why I ask for them has nothing to do with me feeling this whole elitist garbage. It's because too many times in the past I've written with others that have said "Oh yeah, I can do several paragraphs no problem." which following my opener I receive a paragraph response in return or I'm unable to understand the post at all so damn straight I'll ask for a sample. If a person is not favorable of writing multiple paragraphs then they shouldn't say they can if it is proven otherwise.

Guest Adventurer

One of my pet-peevee is when someone makes you wait for days, when they promise to answer you, and then they block you, for no good reason,

I can be patient, but with this attitude? Never.

When you are replying every day to every other day. Then become sick and don't reply for about 5 days, but you are talking to them and plotting things through. Then when you come back and reply they don't... for over 2 weeks.. Then they tell you the thread isn't working. So you set up a new thread because they want to RP with you.. They stop replying.. Repeat this process several times, but they want to complain that you don't want to write with them? While they are rapid firing with characters that you have with them with other people but your thread is on day 10 of being not replied to..

• Agree 1

spacer.png

^ Holy crap, I'd be PISSED!

So here's a recent peeve. I am trying to branch out to other players but all my plots/requests tend to get taken by the same people. I swear I'm not trying to be a cliquey person. T^T Time to start writing PMs. *cracks knuckles*

Reality is an illusion. 

Recent peeve: People dropping a pre existing relationship on my characters without consulting me first. Like if we're in the same group/faction yeah they might know each other in passing, but don't drop "Oh my mother was best friends with yours and obviously we're supposed to be best friends."

• Preach it! 1

One that's popped up a lot lately again:

People not reading your writing and just living ni their own little roleplay / writing bubble.

One that's popped up a lot lately again:

People not reading your writing and just living ni their own little roleplay / writing bubble.

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

Guest Adventurer
On 4/20/2019 at 12:06 AM, Belle said:

When someone takes your open thread in which something big and attention-grabbing is happening, and their character proceeds to totally ignore what's going on. The office is on fire, people are screaming and running around, the room is filling with smoke, the alarms are wailing, and somehow this person's character fails to care about any of it and is sitting in a corner reading their book, waiting for my character to notice them. I don't know that "peeve" is a strong enough word for how mad these RPers make me. 

I can totally relate to this, when i used to do some OCs and canon RPs, the OCs of my latest partner was truly a pain, so i decided to do this: my role would abandon their character on a island, until they stop to pout, because my character refuse to notice them.

Guest Parasite Eve

I roleplay with a degree of seriousness but of course as a fun hobby when I have fun, the thing that is highly annoying is when some people have this air of superiority when it comes to tenses. That you're committing a crime if you switch or you don't do the tense that's favorable to them. I write to tell a story that's understandable I'm not paying the least bit of attention about tenses to be perfectly frank. Am I trying to write a book? Uh, no. I can see if everything I'm writing is filled with errors, there's no punctuation, or capitalization but to base a opinion about my writing simply on what tense I may or may not use is bull. Don't write with me then.