A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

gif avatars have become a peeve of mine. they're distracting, they load slowly, i've never seen one that's as high quality as a still image, and so many of them are short, choppy, or flashy, which is even more disruptive. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

• 4 weeks later...

When people try to introduce their character as cool guys by walking up to the bar and ordering monosyllabically. This is also known as "I want my character to be a cool drinker but have never been to a bar in my life." Don't come to me and ask for "whiskey" or "vodka," give me a call brand. If you still don't know, you get the Bankers in the well.

• LOL 3

I can't stand "open ended" arguments. At the end of the day, I really need people to talk like adults so we can have a resolved fight. I have never handled passive aggressive right, and when it's open without an end I continue to wait for the rest of the argument to happen. So when people say "I'm not talking about this because i'm mad and I don't like where this is headed" and then refuses to plot it out, talk it out or anything (even after 5 days of silence to give them cooling off time and after a couple passive aggressive posts from other characters towards mine), it drives me through a wall. So I spent an hour, with an admin (who knows said player), writing a 500 word apology (about the plot that started all of this (that was just for my character didn't involve hers directly, and wasn't a trigger subject for her, or her character that was going to take 1 in character day), that i don't like open ended arguments, ect)... And instead of any words such as 'thank you for apologizing' I get an emoji... Just a heart.. No accepting that I am taking responsibility, nothing... Drives... Me... Nuts...

Maybe I am to sensitive, but a simple 'i accept' or 'thank you' would have ended it all for me. I feel like a heart emoji is passive aggressive in a 'i don't even want to waste writing a word or two to you' kind of way. Then again, the more things are left silent, one worded, simple emoji's you lose all ability for tone.. Even more so, when you don't really know the person.

• I read this! 2

spacer.png

When someone tries to strong-arm my characters into a plot or a situation that they really wouldn't be in. Or when someone hits up my plotter/shipper with a very their-character-centric plot. My character isn't an NPC for yours to talk at or tell to stand there and tank a dragon like Lydia from Skyrim. 😐

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 3

GbQDuEL.png

"omg I'm so busy but I'll respond to this today, absolutely! Multiple times!" when I was just checking to see if they were still interested (with no deadline on my end)

and then several more days pass their self-inflicted deadline  with  n o t h i n g .

Why.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

when someone contacts you interested in your want ad but they've completely ignored several critical elements that result in them wanting/suggesting something that directly contradicts what you posted in your ad

• Preach it! 2
  • Cringe 1

• 5 weeks later...

My biggest pet peeve is being dragged into a plot that has nothing to do with me without my knowledge AND prior consent. I just got a tag of someone blackmailing a character to antagonize mine and essentially get into a fight with my character and win...like my character is just gonna let his ass get whooped...

Edited by HanSoulo

• Admin

I just realized PB/Faceclaim reserve lists really peeve me off. I found a site that I was thinking about joining. My PB wasn't in the list to begin with, went back to look at it again before I started my app and there it was, reserved by one of the admins. Whelp there goes playing my favorite character which means not joining the site.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When I reply to other threads before theirs. 

Like... You just posted today. They posted a few days ago, they've been waiting on me so of course I'm going to post to them first...??? Then getting sassy and mad with that reason because "They're new and it's my job to make them feel welcome by replying to them first." Ok. Cool. 

Oh, and cherry on top, I had an active LOA because I moved across the country. 

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Cringe 1
[align=center]ad_image.jpg
A "MagicPunk" Roleplay!
~Plot~Guidelines~Faceclaims~Characters~Wanteds~Ads~[/align]

Being reminded daily to post in one thread....meanwhile I'm waiting for their post in another thread at the same time.

• Agree 4

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...