A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

Can't recall if I posted it before but here goes...

People who color their font. Whether it be in general, or for character dialogue.. or both... I just can't stand it. Especially when the color clashes with the colors on the site and I can barely read it. 

I don't care how well you write or how well we might mesh, if I have to highlight text to read anything, or I'm assaulted with a rainbow of colors, it's a huge turn off. 

I never understood why this is so popular. I feel like it's too distracting and personally I would just read something without pretty colors everywhere. Oh well. To each their own. 

• Agree 1

Elitist attitudes. "I've been roleplaying a long time and this is how it typically is. You're the outlier" or "that's really uncommon in the RP community". Trying to put others down for having ideas. 

akadvert-rpgd.png.29201138138b142b94adb2f11d501051.png

When somebody takes your want ad and 

1. tries to change everything about it to the point it’s not even the plot you wanted and 

2. doesn’t reply when you start a post with them. 

why did you even take the ad then. 😒 

Reality is an illusion. 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:09 AM, Zozma said:

When somebody takes your want ad and 

1. tries to change everything about it to the point it’s not even the plot you wanted and 

2. doesn’t reply when you start a post with them. 

why did you even take the ad then. 😒 

I....hate this. I got to the point i'd go "i didnt agree to this, change it to what i asked for or...cut out my wanted plot elements and make it an OC of your own creation so i can free the spot for someone who makes what i asked for. " < not in those words but the general reply mood

• Preach it! 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2015 at 3:30 PM, Shadow Lady said:

When I feel like I'm constantly having to pull teeth to get my partner to post, and when they do, they don't really do anything to advance the plot.

This is probably a combining of my two biggest peeves. I don't want anyone to feel like they have to write with me, Jesus. I want my partner to have fun too.

same for this. 

i can piggy off that by adding (and idk if this is with all sites or just ones that have character intro boards) when someone joins a site and is in the honeymoon stage, but then the second it's time for another thread or for them to get more involved they just...ghost. 

i mean i get it, i've done that kinda thing before too. the novelty just wears off and before you know it you've forgotten all about posting. but lately it's like the people are still around, they just stopped actually roleplaying and just talk to the community? it's like bruh if you just wanted to join a chat do that don't wrap us up in an RP and leave stories hanging because you decided to dip. idk

my other peev is when people create a character, you start playing with them, and then they get swept up in a new character idea and just start creating new characters while leaving everything they were originally doing (and yourself too) on hold. the creativity bug can be a character killer which is weird but happens a lot.

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

When you're trying to sleep and your brain decides it's the perfect time to think up a reply. 😂

• LOL 1

adding another one XD

when someone hardly ever responds to tags or posts, leaves you on read. Then (usually after returning from a break) IC their character becomes mad at yours for never interacting with them.

BRUH!

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

When the people who screwed you over and made you quit RP ask you to edit their theme for them.

No?

• Cringe 1

Reality is an illusion. 

• 1 month later...

When someone keeps telling you how to play your own character.

When someone decides they want to ship with your character that you offered to them numerous times 5 minutes after you get their ship set. 

siggy

• 8 months later...

The people who constantly whine about not getting any roleplay, and leave messages for others that are sort of... sad and guilting and sometimes passive aggressive. Meanwhile, there are plenty of options for them to take, but perhaps they just for some reason expect the roleplay to come to them (and do not advertise/reach out to others), or the interested partner does not ICly have the correct equipment (ie... ship or erp material).

Anytime someone is trying to be controling over aspects of your own character. Basically telling you how they should be played or basic godmodding. Also people that complain about not getting RPs but not making any effort to reach out or plot with others even when you, yourself go out of your way to try and set something up. Either they ghost completely or it's like pulling teeth to plot with them.

Edited by FoolishMortal

• 4 months later...
On 10/9/2021 at 11:22 PM, FoolishMortal said:

Anytime someone is trying to be controling over aspects of your own character. Basically telling you how they should be played or basic godmodding. Also people that complain about not getting RPs but not making any effort to reach out or plot with others even when you, yourself go out of your way to try and set something up. Either they ghost completely or it's like pulling teeth to plot with them.

OR people who you go out of your way to try to plot with and it's like pulling teeth and they continue to complain that no one will plot with them. 

[center][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gnVUS8y.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Dragon Age: Post-Trespasser
9:47 DRAGON[/b]
[URL=https://herebedragonsrp.jcink.net/]Guidelines[/URL][/center]

• 2 months later...

When you're roleplaying with someone and they get possessive and get mad when you either talk to someone else or write with someone else or your real life keeps you away.

Happy Chicago Fire GIF by Wolf Entertainment

• 3 weeks later...

When its obvious that your partner wants  your plot to be more of a fanfic they completely control the route of and not an experience between two writers. Same with Staff who make an RP group but then expect you to fill a role or canon, play them exactly how they want them played, use the exact face claim they 'suggest' (read: you better damn well use this person), and only have them engage in the threads/plots the staff believes that character would do. Then get mad at you when you remind them its your character.

Edited by Matchlessfalcon
  • Like 1

Love that this thread is still going. I have two:

1) Dictator admins who don't encourage/embrace player creativity whatsoever. If you want every detail of your game to be that specific then what you want isn't a game, it's a novel. Just write a novel.

2) People who don't "yes, and." I could care less how big the "yes" or the "and" is, and I usually enjoy the challenge of working with something minimal. BUT when one or both are completely absent, it's a huge peeve of mine. I've literally played games where ADMINS completely ignored what I wrote.

• Like 1