A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

On 8/12/2016 at 6:38 AM, Honorem said:

Not weird at all, I agree. It annoys me too.

THEM: Hmm what should I do with my character?

OTHER MEMBERS: -Make multiple helpful suggestions, offer to RP-

THEM: Hmm...not sure...

Then they should really work on telling us what they ARE sure about, because we can only suggest so much until we give up.

Best to just dive right in and pitch someone an idea. :D

Oh god.

This except when making the character. People that apparently are incapable of making their own characters and put it to the group to do it for them.

We had someone do this for WEEKS. Literally spent several weeks asking us everything from age to species to where they're from... Only to ignore all offers to RP and vanish once they were accepted.

• I read this! 4

Guest Archaic Cyborg

@Rune I'm of the mind that there are two groups: rpers who plot and play, and rpers who're only invested in the plotting. Even if 90% of the work is by other people. Actually playing the character, staying up to date with the virtual existence, adapting to plot changes.... Too hard. Or something. Drives me up the wall, figuratively speaking! If you have a habit of flaking after some plotty chat.. Don't bother applying, because that 'im only here to chat for 2 weeks' behaviour disrupts the game. Fuck.

Peeve: stalkers and fans, the crazy ooc kind. 

#2: indecisiveness. You suck. I want this game done and opened, but life keeps interruptiiiing, even though it's for maybe a day. I feel like shit will happen if I 'take the final step' and open xyz. 

• 2 weeks later...

Writers thinking in English when the characters don't speak English.

Damn, in French or Spanish that word doesn't have the connotations you are thinking about, at all. This association of ideas couldn't have crossed his/ her mind!

• I read this! 3

People getting butthurt because they desperately want their character to be besties with yours, but yours has no desire to associate with a character like them.

I'm sorry, but my thirty something year old character has no desire to hang out with your character who is young enough to be her kid, just because he's a smarty pants. She's hard to get along with to begin with and dislikes people in general. Forcing your way into her space is not the way to make her friendly. *shoos*

Now I'm sure you're wondering why I'd write a character like that? Because damnit, not everyone is butterflies and sunshine from a unicorn's ass. You need people to disrupt the happy go lucky everyone is friends vibe on a site, and she's fun as hell to write.

• I read this! 7

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

Applicants: .05% of profile completed, spends rest of their time just chattin' & has no genuine interest in joining. App is fakefakefake.

Anonymous poster hash: 7aaf0...c28

• I read this! 10

Waiting to see a reply to your post, then when its up you feel so let down. The other person simply writes a paragraph/s showing what they were doing; no dialogue, no interaction at all which leaves me wondering what the hell do I do?

Which comes back to another point. People creating multiple characters across the boards in several genre's, all with the same personality? Quiet, withdrawn, doesn't talk much. When asked about it, the answer is always the same. "That's how I am."

Well okay, that is exactly how I am as a person, but it isn't how my characters are (all 20 something of them) Some are quiet, some are rowdy and in your face, some are in between.

• I read this! 6

(I forgot I even wrote this... and I forget why I abandoned it, so I'll just post it before going to why I am here now)

I find it to be pretty damn rude whenever I see people nagging each other to post in another person's OOC, and talking about their own roleplays, just because they both happen to be in the same group.

Just my personal opinion. If it were me, and I was trying to run a group thread only to have people talking about a different rp, I would be very annoyed to the point where I'd just kick them and, if it came to it, shut down the thread and restart some other time.

They can entertain each other on their own time.

Yet another reason for me to just stick to 1x1 rps.

Now... 

Because I am just a ball of sunshine, I will now bitch about some people and their usernames. I understand some names like 'Cool Wolf' or 'Cute Wolf' (I'm just using wolf because anything wolf related is pretty popular), but when someone has the name 'Socks Rock' and someone signs up with 'Sock Rock1' because the name they wanted was taken, I just... I can't. Coming up with a different username is not terribly difficult. Right? This is just me, but when I see a username I want is taken, I pick a different one because I want to be known as a different name, something to make me stand out a bit as my own person.

On a similar note, numbers. I've never likes numbers in usernames. But again, that's just me. 

• I read this! 7

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sil said:

On a similar note, numbers. I've never likes numbers in usernames. But again, that's just me. 

OMG! THIS SO MUCH!

• I read this! 4

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

That moment when an admin chides you for low activity, but you're staring dead at a three month old thread with that same admin, and they haven't posted in a month. =_=

• I read this! 5

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

On the topic of numbers in user names, I want them to have a purpose if you include them. All that said, I avoid them as much as possible (some services automagically assign them if your first requested name isn't available instead of asking if you have another choice *stabs them*).

David1 means you're uncreative and someone took your name before you signed up on the site. Da5id means you're using an alias you read in a book, and hope to meet like minded people by using it.

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I can understand them on a massive site like Facebook or whatever... But if you're on a board with 10 members there's no reason to be Name625. You could just be Name. And why wouldn't you want to?

• I read this! 5

• Admin

The only thing is that I agree some instances call for it. Like if I wanted to be nerdy and sign up with Captain Rex (from Clone Wars) I can either use Captain Rex or I can you CT-7567. While both are Captain Rex the latter is his Clone Tropper nerdy number.

In instances like that I can understand but overall I just think it's lazy.

• I read this! 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

We've had a few; bare in mind we're not exclusively a RPG site but just the same. I mean legitimately we are all using pseudonyms on the net (though why on FB or Twitter escapes me unless you're hiding something); yet to see a new member register as Lok8934.....its just weird to me. We did have CP30 but well ... :D

• I read this! 1

The ditchers! So many! Every time I offer to RP with a new member who seems interested, it invariable ends with them disappearing and me promising myself I'm not going to bother doing that anymore. Never works out though, always fall back into the trap.

I miss the days when people didn't join sites on a whim, but only if they were planning on staying. Rather get 2 members a month who are going to stay, as opposed to 20 who just waste everyone's time with their short attention span for shiny new site of the day.

• I read this! 8
  • Preach it! 1

Oh boy! Don't get me started on those cretins. Have you ever been in conversation with someone on say FB or Twitter for weeks, to the point they are SO enthusiastic to join your site; whether for RPing or just as a contributor, then when they do join, that's it. Later when I've asked them about it.."Oh sorry I didn't realise I had to actually do anything on the forum." or "I don't have time now."

• I read this! 3