A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

My biggest peeve right now is dealing with a severely inactive member. They haven't made an rp post in months but have been on the board ooc just to complain about the most random things.

Anonymous poster hash: 41895...f08

• I read this! 6

When a poorly conceived/written character latches on to yours in a chat-style rp, gives you a lot of confusing one-liners, tries to flirt (when your character is taken/don't do ships with that character) and they continue to try to rp in character even after you've nudged them gently towards reading a set of guidelines you have to stop frustrating interactions occurring in the first place. You wonder if they even bothered to read the guidelines but if people don't take them on board, then I have every right to unfollow/block/mute.

Anonymous poster hash: b8d9e...8b8

• I read this! 4

21 hours ago, Shades said:

- People who throw fits about anything related to a roleplay. Dude, be an adult, use your words, and don't act like a child? If you're not happy about anything, talk to me, or drop the roleplay. But don't act like a freaking toddler who lost their favorite toy. I have no patience for children, and even less for adults who revert to a mental age of four when things don't go their way.

🙌  👏

Anonymous poster hash: 3cb9e...04e

• I read this! 5

It's always the most inactive rper on the board that loves to pop up and complain about the smallest thing before they poof all over again. Or and my personal favorite, saying how bored they are when there are people posting in the open thread topic looking for others to join in. -.-

• I read this! 8

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

49 minutes ago, wicked said:

It's always the most inactive rper on the board that loves to pop up and complain about the smallest thing before they poof all over again. Or and my personal favorite, saying how bored they are when there are people posting in the open thread topic looking for others to join in. -.-

Couple this with them talking about how badly they need to work on posts... But never do.

• I read this! 3
  • Preach it! 3

18 minutes ago, Rune said:

Couple this with them talking about how badly they need to work on posts... But never do.

OMFSM, I had someone join my site and literally just idle in the chat for a month, continuously making excuses and talking about how they needed to make their first post. I'm just like, dude, just do it. We'll even help you out if you want. But nope. I don't remember if I just deactivated their account on the site without saying anything to see if they noticed, or if they finally said they were just too intimidated by our writing to even try and participate. >.<

• I read this! 3

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

Just now, Rune said:

We had someone we were affiliated with, in a completely different genre, show up and talk trash about our forum and advertise theirs.

The result was hilarious because there was a collective pause, followed by one lone member going "What?" 

Then the patient explanation that we weren't even the same genre of site and that maybe they were an idiot.

I SAID I WAS SORRY!

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 3

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 3 weeks later...

The "magical pregnancy".

No, not a pregnancy in which everything is beautiful and perfect and morning sickness and stretch marks don't happen, lol. I can kind of live with that.

But the pregnancy that should fix everything.

Characters' relationship is on the rocks? A baby will fix it.

Characters have money issues? Preggo!

Significant other has someone else? A baby will force them to stay!

Character is a womanizer? Well, a pregnancy will make him marry your character.

Your character isn't getting as much attention as you think she should? Oops, pregnant! Now everyone needs to coddle her!

Just don't, please? I say this as someone who loves pregnancy plots with a passion, and has a lot of fun with them. But no, man, pregnancy doesn't fix everything. And it can definitely make many bad situations worse (which I love, because I live for the drama).

By all means, I don't care if characters breed like rabbits, but let's not pretend a baby is a magical fix, because it usually isn't.

• I read this! 6
  • Preach it! 1

Shady McShaderson

Topsites with "ratings" - ie places where people recommend your site... or tell the biggest lies about it :(

• I read this! 6

Me: "Make these few tiny revisions to your character, and you'll be all set!"

Them: *radio silence for three weeks*

Them, in another thread: "I hate GMs who never respond to you. If you don't want me in your RP, just say so!"

Me: *iNTERNAL SCREAMING*

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 2

Glub glub.

52 minutes ago, Elena said:

Topsites with "ratings" - ie places where people recommend your site... or tell the biggest lies about it :(

I've had this happen, too. :(

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Lemme tell you, I've had an admin in the span of like a literal day that I was absent, completely delete every post and profile, and shift the forum into an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GENRE, it went from a fairly active forum, to something totally different. And to be honest I would have been super okay with this, had any of the members gotten ANY kind of warning that this was going to happen so they could save their stuff. I mean I kept in touch with people consistently and no one saw this coming, I had 50+ really deep and important to me RPs on there, several characters, and when I came back literally everything was just GONE.

So I think my pet peeve over everything else is unreliable admins, or admins that are unpredictable and impulsive in that sort of way. I get that sometimes you just don't have the energy to continue a site, or sometimes you end up falling out of love with the plot or genre and want something new, but you need to communicate this with your members, rather than just up and remove every trace of their hard work without care or warning. That's a slap in the face to the people who gave you their time and energy to RP there.

• I read this! 5
  • Fuck Yeah! 2
  • Preach it! 1

- Hail and well met, my dude!