A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

10 hours ago, Indra said:

When a board has an application process that must be posted within an HTML template that has rollovers, specific image and size restrictions, no going over a certain word limit, and requires you to find lyrics in a song that represents your character. Sure it might look pretty and sparkly, but that's just unnecessarily complicated.

This! I don't mind templates in general (and image size restrictions, because they are easy to edit), but the rollovers, word count limits, and song lyrics are too much. You should have the freedom to write as much as you need to and who has the time to spend searching for song lyrics? (There was a time when I wrote fan fiction that songs seemed to fit in with a character I was writing, but this was just really an happy accident I came across while listening to music I liked, rather than something I actively sought out.) 

• I read this! 4
  • Agree 1

On 09/02/2018 at 10:46 AM, Indra said:

When a board has an application process that must be posted within an HTML template that has rollovers, specific image and size restrictions, no going over a certain word limit, and requires you to find lyrics in a song that represents your character. Sure it might look pretty and sparkly, but that's just unnecessarily complicated.

On the same topic, I also don't like the whole fad of these really narrow post templates. Like some of them are about 200px wide and that's it, padded out with gifs and fancy graphics everywhere. So daft, only serving the purpose of making two sentences look like 2 paragraphs.

• I read this! 5
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

11 hours ago, JByrd said:

Writing a post and having the half of the reply to said post, be a recount of what I wrote.  I know what I wrote, and I get you're trying to respond to those things, but you really don't need to rewrite it all.  Then, the original content of the reply isn't a whole lot, it gives me very little to reply to.  Dig deep, and find something to give me.

This!!! So much this! I was on a board with someone like this once upon a time and it drove me nuts. I never had any clue on what to say in reply because there just wasn't anything to reply to by the time they were done, despite the post being nearly 1k words long. 

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Icewolf said:

When you come across an adult bullying a kid. Yep, the kid's annoying, but getting all het up about it and bad mouthing her to everyone who'll listen is just silly.

I can only think of:

T0QTcxG.gif

But I was here to agree with the 200pixel wide templates, or 200pixel wide forums! The forums are often all squished to one sode to make place for big sidebars, and then on top of that have huge mini-profiles, so when you looks at threads you can barely see the writing. Full wide forums with room for the text to breathe, where are them? 

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 1

Guest TheHales

Honestly, my biggest peeve is when someone joins a site and is all excited about a wanted ad, has all these great ideas, and you spend several hours talking to them about  said wanted ad and how much they love it and everything is just perfect. And then they just . . . poof. I mean, I get that real life happens, but can't you take a minute or two to say "hey, real life kicked in. I can't do this" instead of just vanishing and leave my ad held up for the week that's polite to offer you to complete said character? It's just rude and provides false hope plus you wasted my time which, while not overly precious, could still be better spent.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, Stat said:

I can only think of:

T0QTcxG.gif

But Picard can get away with it 'cos he's Picard... (And he does allow Wesley to do things on the Enterprise which a teenager wouldn't normally be allowed to do.)

13 minutes ago, Icewolf said:

But Picard can get away with it 'cos he's Picard... (And he does allow Wesley to do things on the Enterprise which a teenager wouldn't normally be allowed to do.)

I honestly think less of the writers of TNG for doing that. While Picard doesn't particularly care for children, he also treats Wesley specially... and then he does that to him? That's utterly disrespectful, and Wesley had been *asked* to give his thoughts, then was dismissed out of hand. That line that everyone abuses now was a result of Wesley trying to bring urgent information forward that was being ignored. They honestly were pure shit to Wesley in that show. But that's a whole different thread.

• I read this! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

20 hours ago, Death Kitten said:

I honestly think less of the writers of TNG for doing that. While Picard doesn't particularly care for children, he also treats Wesley specially... and then he does that to him? That's utterly disrespectful, and Wesley had been *asked* to give his thoughts, then was dismissed out of hand. That line that everyone abuses now was a result of Wesley trying to bring urgent information forward that was being ignored. They honestly were pure shit to Wesley in that show. But that's a whole different thread.

Thank you! The other day I was trying to make the point that when it comes to Wesley it's not that he is annoying, but that everyone else is, and my friends just thought I was crazy. I mean, you've got a kid genius in your ship, you know he's a kid genius, so use him? But that did get a lot better after the first season, just like everything else on TNG! 

(So even Picard bullying kids is awful, and yesss, different thread!) 

• 1 month later...
Guest Parasite Eve

When someone has posted a request thread, is still actively looking for partners, you send a pm of ideas only for them to never respond but still bump their thread or complain about not having enough partners.

Plotting with someone who will immediately ask "So how much smut will be in this roleplay?"--no.

When I clearly state in my request thread I want to hear ideas you have not "Want to rp." Only to have someone send me a message "Hey, wanna rp?" I mean really?

The whole kid can can train at age 2, kill at 5, become a top notch assassin capable of warping worlds and defeating grown seasoned warriors without suffering from any kind of trauma from killing people or they know everything by the time their sixteen.