Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Isadorabelle

Who Would You PIck....

If you are interested in this topic the Initiative staff recommends that you start a new topic as there hasn't been a post in it in 1511 days.

OMG. There's this great fan-casting that's been done on tumblr. They typically have picked...

Karen Gillan - Lily Evans/Potter
Aaron Johnson - James Potter
Andrew Garfield - Remus Lupin
Ben Barnes - Sirius Black

Severus Snape - Benedict Cumberbatch

• I read this! 1

Abyss: A Supernatural Creature RP

Fci8fWC.jpg

You can find me on:

Aff.png

i think the thing that frustrated me the most about the movies was how OLD everyone looked. Like...Snape was supposed to be mid thirties. Granted I LOVED Alan Rickman as him. But like....The Potters died when they were 21. Snape would have just barely been shy of 40 at the end of book 7 & movie 7/8

• I read this! 1

Abyss: A Supernatural Creature RP

Fci8fWC.jpg

You can find me on:

Aff.png

Yeah, that was kind of my problem too. I love Alan Rickman- the man could melt butter reading from a technical manual- but....i'm not sure that he, David Thewlis (surprisingly Gary Oldman and Helena Bonham Carter work in my mind), etc. didn't really fit what i would've necessarily cast. 

For Narcissa usually Tricia Helfer or Naomi Watts comes to mind. Naomi Watts looks a bit young and sweet, but Tricia Helfer is kind of perfect. For Lucius.....I dunno. I just....I can't see anyone but Jason isaacs lol. it helps that I think he looked younger (and he was a few years older than Snape and co.) for most of the movies.

i couldn't say with the Longbottoms either lol. Admittedly, my Slytherin nature doesn't lend as much thought to the Longbottoms. I favor my house! Tis a terrible habit.

muEzlN.jpg

I actually use Holland Roden for my Lily, but that's just me. And I actually think that David Thewlis would fit older!Remus in a way because Lupin was hinted to be looking older and rougher than his actual age due to his "condition." 

As for the Longbottoms, I think a blonde Amy Adams or Sophie Lowe would be good for Alice. As for Mr. Longbottom [who's name I can't remember], I don't really know. Pettigrew, I saw someone cast Michael Cera. He does have that rat face that's described. I have no clue for Lucius, although I still can't get over someone using Emma Rigby for Narcissa. She was so perfect to me.

• I read this! 1

SITES THAT I'M STAFF ON:

anvaltiamini.jpg planethellmini.jpg

Thanks @Tiny Box Tate! Yeah, Lucius has proven to be the real challenge thus far. I actually went with Bob Morley for young!Remus. He's Filipino/Australian so he's a bit darker than what I originally pictured, but he's got a rather rugged look. I've actually found 'The 100' a helpful show because so much of the cast depicts kids around their age. I actually ended up picking Eliza Taylor as Narcissa, but I'm not really happy with that. She looks too young.

I'm keeping Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix because I'm not sure that the woman ages. I mean, does she? I saw little tiny lines when she cackled in the last movie, but that's it. So, I just picked a nice, young looking pic for her. I'm considering keeping Jason Isaacs as Lucius. I even younged him up for it lol. It's hard to imagine him as anyone else.

Those are some great picks! I'm....casting a GoT style, Marauder's era HP site (lol in case that wasn't apparent by the questions). For the most part, we're casting all new as few members of the movies really work.

• I read this! 2

muEzlN.jpg

Haha awesome. I'm not directly incorporating stuff from GoT because I try to respect an author's wishes, and if memory serves, George R. R. Martin made it clear that he didn't want people to rp it or do fan fiction. But, the whole idea happened on a trip to my cousins' house. They are fans of GoT and Harry Potter too, and I said "I wonder what Harry Potter would've been like if George R. R. Martin wrote it?" and then....we had a game, lol. It's more the style than the world. Richly complex characters, heavily relying on the lore, focusing on the families a lot, of course sex and violence (because it's not a game without some smut and fighting!). Just these factors that make GoT kind of like candy to creative writers.

But yes! That's what I'm casting for, lol.

• I read this! 1

muEzlN.jpg

If you are interested in this topic the Initiative staff recommends that you start a new topic as there hasn't been a post in it in 1511 days.