"I Want It" - Your Cliché Desires

AKNyx

We all have that guilty pleasure. Something that we want that the roleplay world deems too cliché to be worth note. Some of the time, people will openly balk at the very thought of writing this secret (or not so secret) desire of yours that you've been dying to write.

So I ask you: What cliché roleplay plot or dynamic have you been itching to write and have yet to find a partner for? What plot have you been dying to write that some may scoff at for no reason other than the perception of them being "cliché"?

Inquiring minds are dying to know! Maybe we'll find kindred spirits within these replies.

• I read this! 4

• Admin

Weirdest one ever, Lesbian turned straight by only one man (and a lot of tense dislike), no other guy even gets a rise out of her.

• I read this! 6

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I kind of want to do something where two characters run off into the sunset together. It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic, so long as plenty of adventure is involved.

• I read this! 5

Vampire/Werewolf love story gone wrong... Totally cliche... 

• I read this! 7

emrysdfsig_by_subtle_war-d9072vq.png

I've always liked the BFF turns into romance plot. I like the whole "I've been looking for this thing that's been right beside me all along" idea. I dunno.

• I read this! 4

Reality is an illusion. 

I want an age gap romance - actually two of them, one woman older, one man older. And an epistolary romance (which can be one of these two). Ie, the relationship shown in letters and journals, not in actual threads together.

And a picshipping couple, even if usually I am not in favour of picshipping (but neither against it).

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 4

I want a 'from different side of the tracks' type romance. So cliche, I know. 

• I read this! 3

g92A8oA.png

Vampire/Werewolf love story gone wrong... Totally cliche... 

I would do the thang >.>

• I read this! 3

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

I want a whirlwind romance, one that starts with the two characters absolutely LOATHING each other. Bonus points if there are a bunch of pictures of both guys that can be used for said romance. Picshipping is probably normally not my thing either, but every once in a while I want it. GIVE ME THE THING.

I also want a non-romantic apprentice/master relationship where everything is absolutely awful for the kid before s/he is found by their master and is taken under his wing and essentially adopted. [I wanna play the master so bad.]

• I read this! 7

I want a whirlwind romance, one where they each get swept up into each other with the rest of the world falling away. This could have consequences, sure, but to be so wrapped up in that other person, their soulmate, their other half? Sets my heart a fluttering, I won't lie.

I've also always been a fan of the "I've been here all along" plot. Friends who have been there through thick and thin, but were never thought of as anything more than a friend. Something happens and it makes that realization come to light that they really do like that friend more than they realized; perhaps even loved them, depending on where in the timeline that realization falls. Whether through a drunken night and a confession not taken seriously, or something that happens and the other's true nature comes to light, bringing to light everything the friend had told them to be true and how she'd never once left him, had always been there... I'd love to write that.

And, for some reason, I'm also on this...war-kick, with counterparts from opposite sides of the fight. Something with older characters, old enough to have a child enlist, or maybe older siblings, where one raised their younger until they were adults. Their child/sibling is killed in combat and the man responsible for it tracks her down to tell her. They can't move on with their own life until they get the forgiveness they so desperately need, something she's not ready to give and refuses to give. Maybe she has a full mental collapse, as this revelation could come some time after the actual incident. Maybe she swears to make his life hell. But through it all, he strives to get her forgiveness, having left the forces and is prepared to do what it takes. Bonus points if it takes that romantic turn against all odds.

I dunno, I've got others, but those are the guilty pleasures I've got thus far that I'm not indulging in as I've already got reincarnation going and going well.

Edited by AKNyx
  • I read this! 3

• Admin

Ouu, another one is a "hard to get" situation. Where one of the partners is so enamored that they try everything in their power to get the other person but because of something, whether it be another person, some secret life thing, recently lost a loved one and are not ready for something new they push them away and deny them no matter how sweet hoping they give up.

• I read this! 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I want medieval fantasy shenanigans with OP characters running around conquering dragons and the like. 

I want a place to use my stupid OP priest that can bring the dead back to life with crippling consequences, but he fits like, nowhere

I want a drow/elf romance that starts out with them loathing each other and it takes the elf forever to completely trust the drow

I want two drow who break away from Menzoberranzan because the city won't accept them for the loving couple they are, yet upon reaching the surface they realize they don't fit there, either. 

All the cheesy drow romance plots. 

• I read this! 5
  • Agree 1

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

Guest Archaic Cyborg

I want medieval fantasy shenanigans with OP characters running around conquering dragons and the like. 

I want a place to use my stupid OP priest that can bring the dead back to life with crippling consequences, but he fits like, nowhere

I want a drow/elf romance that starts out with them loathing each other and it takes the elf forever to completely trust the drow

I want two drow who break away from Menzoberranzan because the city won't accept them for the loving couple they are, yet upon reaching the surface they realize they don't fit there, either. 

All the cheesy drow romance plots. 

I demand to know more of your priest character. MORE.

And Medieval Fantasy + actual fantasy elements like dragons, that isn't a rip off of GoT/Lotr/Potter/etc? Want.

I demand to know more of your priest character. MORE.

And Medieval Fantasy + actual fantasy elements like dragons, that isn't a rip off of GoT/Lotr/Potter/etc? Want.

Honestly I could talk about him for aaaages I had built him for a med/fan story/book and then never got around to writing it because I actually...hate writing on my own. LOL go figure. <3 I made him in a universe where there is an afterlife that souls go to, and he splices his own soul to send the soulshard~ or whatever hurtling after the deceased's soul, and drags said soul back into deceased's body. |: Which makes the priest more lifeless the more it happens, and i Have this whole culture/religion thought out in faaaar too much detail. T_T But I do so love playing him but I haven't been able to in a loooong time. XD

And srsly why haven't we been doing a medieval fantasy one x one with dragons and knights and priests and stuff then??? I think this is worth discussing |||:

• I read this! 2

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

Lets see...

Of my current clichés, I really want to play something like the show "Bitten", where my character is the only female to survive the werewolf change. While the character in the show has a backstory that's a bit too cliché even for my taste, I'm thinking of the only female werewolf trying to keep one foot in the normal world, but constantly being brought back into the "real" world, the world with her pack.

Something with amnesia. There was a commercial (may still be on) of a woman in a car accident, and a man responding. The way I see it, they get into this car accident and the man saves her, is the reason she's even still alive. He could be a civilian or an actual first responder, but due to trauma, she has amnesia. They didn't realize how extensive at first, but it's come to light that she cannot remember anything at all, anything before waking up in the hospital. The civilian/first responder can't get her out of his mind so he goes to check on her, and starts visiting her daily. It starts off as something purely because he wants to help her remember, but then becomes more... Throw in a spouse she forgot she had, and I'm all up for angsty, forget-me-not drama. Will the first man keep coming around to check on her once she's identified and their spouse/signif other works to jog her memory? Or will they leave her be?

Another is something along the lines of addiction. Playing it close to the vest, a woman of high standing becomes addicted to pain killers. At first, she has a handle on it, no one really noticing that she's off other than the occasional bouts of..."stress-related behavior", an outburst here or there, or an overreaction. But, as the addiction gets worse, someone close to her, a friend, figures out what's going on and confronts her. She assures them they can stop any time they want to, but it takes either an overdose and a trip to the ER or a close call that they're there for. Refusing to go into rehab, she swears them to secrecy and promises to get help...if they are the ones to help them through it.

/stops here even though her list continues.

• I read this! 3