Pet Peeves of Life

Red Star

When I specifically choose a certain day and time to take my online class midterm because I should be home alone all day and then everybody in the world decides to visit me. :( My midterm was timed. I got a C. Bah.

• I read this! 3

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

What bastards!!! @Zozma

Getting something that should be too big for you and it ends up barely fitting.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Haha! They love me. They just should have loved me about two hours later. :(

Today's peeve: scheduling a vet appointment and realizing you're going to have to hand-feed a guinea pig for 2 1/2 weeks waiting for it. Also, the vet is 2 1/2 hours away from where I live so we're going to have to leave at 5 in the morning to get there on time. 

On the upside? The guinea pig is the champiest champ I've ever seen when it comes to hand-feeding. I can mix his critical care in a small bowl and just let him eat it himself so it's not as bad as it could be.

• I read this! 4

Reality is an illusion. 

Poor guinea pig!! I'm going Monday morning for a vet visit for my dog--he had surgery about a week ago, poor thing. 

My peeve:

I'm really tired of the "If Red doesn't cook dinner, we just.....don't have dinner" thing that happens in my house. 
Either I cook, or we just forage for food. Nobody else ever steps up to just cook when I don't feel like cooking. |8 Bleh.

• I read this! 3

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

People who are constantly whining and moaning about their situation (which usually is not even that horrible) and do nothing to change it.

Two prime examples:

I used to work with this girl who didn't really need to stay in that job (i.e., she wouldn't starve if she left it and went to study or look for a better job). And she obviously disliked her tasks. Did she quit? Nah. She would be extremely rude to coworkers (snapping at people when they as much as said good morning) and downright  refusing to do her job, delaying everyone else's operation because "she didn't feel like doing it". Ugh, ffs, lady. After causing way too many problems she finally quit.

This girl I knew, who was in love with a guy, and had never outright told him. She would just keep posting cryptic messages on her Skype status and then whine and bitch to me that he didn't like her back. I can't.

• I read this! 4

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

more peevessssss~~

Last semester I lent two textbooks to a friend because he couldn't afford them.

This semester I need a book I can't afford that that same friend has... 

He wants me to pay him to rent the book.

Oh, and he still actually has MY TWO books, which I lent him...for free.

ok?? I guess next time you need a book I'll demand $50 a semester or no dice. Thanks friend. Real friendly thing to do there. 

I'm just gonna find it somewhere else, cheaper. 

So late to the party but WHAT? Seriously... Rent the book? Who does that. :/

I've got about three of my best friend's books on my shelf right now, one I've had for years. She's got at least two of mine but possibly more- I've forgotten, we use each other as a library when we either can't afford more books, don't have space for more books or one has a book the other wants but doesn't see the point in buying. I can't imagine having to pay her rent to borrow a book. That's insane. Some friend, especially after you lent him two! Did you demand them back?? I would have and probably charged him rent in back payment.

Mine:

People commenting on other people's spelling/grammar when their own is worse. Worse is when they don't just comment, they outright mock and pass judgements on the other person's education levels.

• I read this! 6

vzcOoJ.png

Here's a peeve that's always bothered me but is just now resurfacing:

People who feel entitled to help at all hoursno matter what you're doing. You're already going above and beyond for them, but God forbid you take a minute to actually get answers for them. You get bombarded with "please help me" and "what's going on now?" even though it's been a mere few seconds.

Calm yourself. I told you I was helping. Constantly asking for an update takes me away from helping you. Want answers?

Let me work.

• I read this! 4

Being ignored and treated like I'm stupid for doing what I was asked to do.

So, I'm beta testing software, and I inform "I found an intermittent error here. This and this happens every now and then".

Reply I get "Yeah, right. That's not a bug" (for real).

So I close the task, since it's obviously not getting looked at. And then I get called out (by the same person who gave me the previous answer)  because "I'm ignoring something that could be important". 

FFS

• I read this! 2

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

People who spoil shows within 48 hours of the episode airing are just.. not great people. I don't even watch the show, and it bothers me how rampant the spoilers are all over facebook and everywhere. Like, wow. You can't keep it to messengers even for one day? Thannnks. It is mere good fortune that I don't watch that particular show.

And then on top of that, people who GOT it spoiled for them that same night the episode aired, and are all "OMG you people are so mean, how dare you spoil it for all of us who can't watch it instantly?" the people who have that reaction, and then WATCH the episode the next morning, and then DO THE SAME THING AND SPOIL THINGS FOR EVERYONE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, liKE wow, wAY TO MAKE IT CLEAR YOU REALLY ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF IN THAT PARTICULAR RESPECT. 

Edited by Red Star
  • I read this! 2

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2015, 7:43:48, Red Star said:

People who spoil shows within 48 hours of the episode airing are just.. not great people. I don't even watch the show, and it bothers me how rampant the spoilers are all over facebook and everywhere. Like, wow. You can't keep it to messengers even for one day? Thannnks. It is mere good fortune that I don't watch that particular show.

And then on top of that, people who GOT it spoiled for them that same night the episode aired, and are all "OMG you people are so mean, how dare you spoil it for all of us who can't watch it instantly?" the people who have that reaction, and then WATCH the episode the next morning, and then DO THE SAME THING AND SPOIL THINGS FOR EVERYONE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, liKE wow, wAY TO MAKE IT CLEAR YOU REALLY ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF IN THAT PARTICULAR RESPECT. 

I never used to have this problem because I wasn't into popular media but now it's just a minefield, especially with The Walking Dead. >.>

And for me, another peeve of life for me right now... I'm on a purely liquid diet because I broke two back molars on the same day. No dental insurance until next year (used it all up this year) so I have to stay on my liquid diet until January 6th, when I finally get to see a dentist. *cries in relief* But in the meantime, liquid diet. Here's the thing--my roommates love to cook and just leave their crap in the kitchen. It's not fair that I have to clean up after them when I don't even get to eat what they're making.

• I read this! 4

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Double posting because I'm so annoyed.

Word to the wise: if you want to know where all your shit is, then don't leave it lying around stupid places. I WILL clean and put it away and I WON'T remember where it is. So if you don't want your shit to go missing, PUT IT AWAY.

• I read this! 4

Reality is an illusion. 

People who ask your opinion, and get hurt/insulted/pissed at you for being BLUNT. I will not apologize... don't EXPECT a lie or something put 'nicely'. The truth is the truth. Apparently not many people respond to questions honestly.

Edited by Naome
  • I read this! 6

img

tumblr_opnrb7WTiz1tdfsf6o5_r1_500.gif

I know it's a dumb peeve, but I just noticed it bugs me.

You're watching a music vid, and they mute the word 'shit' in the song, all the while you have women showing their boobs around. I... can't.

Edited by Shadow Lady
  • I read this! 2

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

I'm sick of being sick. I catch everything [and then some] and while my partner tries her hardest not to bring anything home, her co-workers are disgusting slobs and it makes that difficult. I can count on being down and out for at least a week any time even a minor bug shows up at her work. And because it's a call center that's CONSTANTLY got someone sick not being sanitary, that's pretty much all the time even in 'off' season for bugs. ><

• I read this! 3

• 3 weeks later...

Double posting, lol.

New vent ties into the old one, sadly. People who are told you have a tendency to catch everything and be down with it longer than typical thanks to several health issues, and insist on coming up and hugging/touching you when they're sick anyway, even after you've asked them not to for the aforementioned reason. Inconsiderate. 

I swear, I'm going to send them my doctor's bills one of these days. 

• I read this! 2