Pet Peeves of Life

Red Star

This topic was closed too from being too old, so I'm reopening it! ...I hope taht's okay.

So I ask you, the people of DF: What really grinds your gears? What are your pet peeves of life. What do people do IRL that just irritates the bejesus out of you?

For me, it's being unable to get in touch with anyone. No one is answering my texts or emails. I might as well be in a deadzone. I'm asking important questions and no one is looking at their phone! AUUUUGH

• I read this! 3

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

• Admin

Someone speeds up to get around me... just to take a right as soon as they pass me.

• I read this! 4

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Oh, and, 

coffee cups that drip when the lid is on?? like from starbucks or wherever

people who forget how to use blinkers

people who keep their blinkers on for like six blocks. what are you, 90?????????????????????????? how do you not hear the blinky noooise

People who stop at intersections that do not require or even recommend any kind of stop

nitpickers

• I read this! 2

Sites I Call Home:

My mom's dead set habit of never - I mean never - picking up her phone. She sees you're calling, doesn't answer, and just calls you back whenever she feels like it. She doesn't drive, so she can't say she was on the wheel. And if asked, she'll say "well, I did call you back". Yeah, mom, but if I'm dying you're coming to my funeral!

• I read this! 2

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Oh the blinker thing kills me. Every time someone doesn't use it, I can't help but go... "Oh you were turning.. if only there was a way for me to know that".

• I read this! 3

g92A8oA.png

I cannot stand it when I am sitting at a restaurant eating and someone is sweeping.........people..........seriously.......my food is right here and I don't wanna eat your floor's dust!  BLECH!

• I read this! 3

Ohh... Where do I begin..?

Driving in general is annoying. I hate it. I suck at it. I fucking hate other people, and they should get out of my way so I can get to where I need to go without any trouble.

Making phone calls.

People who call and don't leave a message.

Couples who can't keep their hands off each other in public.

To name a few.

• I read this! 2

Screaming children. Sorry if anyone gets upset. And I'm not talking about normal crying, I'm talking about incessant bloody murder screaming. I just can't. '-'

• I read this! 6

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Fix one thing and the next thing happens. >.>

funny-gif-fix-light-bulb-car.gif

• I read this! 3

Reality is an illusion. 

Speeders. Go the limit please. The fact you want to be there a few minutes sooner doesn't warrant the 20 Km over the limit speed you're doing to get there. (Fun tidbit... someone I know is a paramedic/ambulance driver. So they can legally exceed the speed limit by 10Km with the lights flashing. But even in doing so on a 100Km ambulance trip this only saves them roughly 5 minutes. That's including the fact with lights flashing and siren on that everyone gets the hell out of their way.) This especially bothers me in winter because if the conditions are icy, going too fast can easily result in loss of control and a collision. And I don't want to be be in a collision because someone got impatient. 

Slowpokes. On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you're not driving a loaded truck up a hill there's kinda not much point in you doing 10-15Km under the limit. Especially in one lane sections. Please speed up and keep the flow of traffic.

People who pass at last second. Please don't do this. Don't wait until the lanes are merging before trying to pass. You will eventually cause an accident doing this. (Since there may be a time when there just isn't room for you to merge back in.)

People who don't answer their phones (without a reason). I understand if you're driving, in the theatre or seeing a doctor... But if you're sitting at home... Answer the phone please, it could be important. 

People who answer their phones in a theatre. Put your phone on silent (if you must leave it on, otherwise turn it off) please and don't be constantly checking it. The light from the screen is easily visible in a dark theatre and it's distracting to everyone. Plus if they don't turn sound off then hearing the noise of their keyboards clicking on each letter input is quite irritating.

On the complete opposite end of my first phone gripe... People who can't put their phones (and by extension facebook/twitter or whatever site) down. It's obnoxious to try dealing with someone who's buried in their phone. Trying to hold a conversation is hard because they aren't really listening that much (they're often more concerned with what's going on on their phone) and it's all too easy to feel ignored. Plus, in a professional capacity, the person always on their phone is normally the one who screws things up for everyone else and gets a no cell phone usage policy initiated. (Unless they're the boss and part of their job involved calling clients and such. In which case, that's different.)

When watching a TV show (or movie) people who feel the need to provide commentary or question everything that happens. I want to watch this show, during the show I want to focus on it. If you want to talk about it, that's fine and I'd like to do that too... After the show is over. Especially since half the time when these people have questions their questions would be answered had they just kept quiet and watched. 

• I read this! 2
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

Guest Kiddo

Hmm.  Driving.  Just driving in general.

When people talk and think that nobody can hear them.  I hear people making comments on my hair a lot.  It's not "professional" or it makes me look like a "punk", etc, then they conclude I have my job through means other than actually being qualified to do it.  If only they could see my tattoos. ;)

Speaking of work life, it really gets under my skin when people disregard my advice. I have to meet with my patient's families sometimes, and they want a certain kind of care for their family member, and they demand it be this way or that, even if it completely goes against the best interest of their health.  I even warn them that if the proposed route is taken, their health will suffer, but despite the warning they decide to go ahead with it anyway.  Then, of course, when my little prophesy comes true, it's my fault according to them and I've even had people threaten to sue me over it... thankfully I document everything.

And last but not least... the top shelf in the market.  It's absolutely the worst.  RIP my dignity when I have to ask for a tall person to reach something up there for me. T_T

Oh, and, 

coffee cups that drip when the lid is on?? like from starbucks or wherever

You can actually prevent this by twisting the lid so that the hole on top is not aligned with the seam of the cup.  Some baristas line up lids this way when they are being little grumps. :P

Picking up a little on the work comments made up there:

When people think I'm not qualified to do my job because I am a woman. Yes, I know the IT area is dominated by men. But I also know I have been working in this area for over ten years. I also know that I have started out in entry level and now I have a manager position, so I must know what I'm doing.

So, when a client actually has the guts to say they would prefer to talk to a man because it would be easier to work with them... I want to tell them politely where they can insert their computer problems - or the computer itself.

• I read this! 2

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

• Admin

@Shadow Lady OMG! Yes! I love when people tell me "I've been doing this for 20 years" and my only internal response is, "then why exactly am I telling you how to do your job?"

True-facts I corrected an ongoing issue for 2-3 months for a customer that ended up being on the other end (IE not my problem) because I out maneuvered the IT person with my skillz. Did it in less than 1 week.

Back on topic - Customer's that refuse to let you fix a problem because they are "too busy". Please call in when you are unbusy jerk.

Edited by Morrigan
  • I read this! 4

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

You can actually prevent this by twisting the lid so that the hole on top is not aligned with the seam of the cup.  Some baristas line up lids this way when they are being little grumps. :P

Idkkk it doesn't usually drip when I'm drinking, but like when I'm walking home with the cup in hand; it just gets all over my hand. ;^; 

• I read this! 1

Sites I Call Home:

When people don't flush the toilet after they're finished their business.

It takes literally a few seconds to turn around and push down on the handle. Come on now, even if you're in a hurry, it's just common courtesy. 

• I read this! 6