Pet Peeves of Life

Red Star

Guest Archaic Cyborg

Family, particularly one parent(!) who tries to rely on juvenile, whiny, pouty tactics to get what they want from you, be it a small favour or something bigger. Just stop, you're embarrassing everyone.

When outdoors, in a public space, and something's wrong with the escalator or stairs or ramp or whatever: and people insist on trying to all squeeze in at once. Have you got a train to catch? Stop pushing! No, you can't seriously fit in that gap between the lady with the pram (or worse, an elderly person with a walker) and the bloody wall. STOP IT. WAIT YOUR TURN. or better yet, take the path that's, what, 5 steps away.

• 2 months later...

Cyclists...

Unless you can go the posted speed limit stay out of the middle of the road please. I get it's supposed to be share the road, but if you're doing 6 in a 50 zone and won't get out of the way... you can fuck right off. (Polite reminder - my car's body won't feel it when you're the hood ornament. I'm doubtful that your body will share that same sentiment. And don't chance that I can stop or slow down in time. I mean going around corners or over a hill I might not be able to see you plodding along until it's almost too late. Or even just that my vehicles brakes fail.)

This qualifies as both a roleplay annoyance and one for fanfiction/art also...

People who go overboard with their original characters. I mean like they have their original characters in places or doing things that just would never happen. Like a 6 year old wandering around a military base by themselves. Or their character interacting with canons despite the fact that there'd really be no good way/reason to have that happen. (Like in this one fandom I'm thinking of, if you've met this character... bad stuff has happened and worse stuff is likely to happen. No one is in position to chat and goof off. And it's not like you can just follow them home for a chill session.)  Or worse still... having that character live around/close/with the canon without any sort of actual reason. I mean a canon character probably isn't going to live with some random family nor are they likely to adopt one.

• I read this! 1
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• 5 weeks later...
  • Admin

Going to bed early and feeling more tired in the morning then going to bed late.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I work retail, so I have pet peeves for days. xD

Mainly, when I'm waiting on someone who is too busy on their phone. Whether I'm standing in line somewhere, trying to walk ahead of them, DRIVING BEHIND THEM, anything where I'm stuck basically waiting for someone because they're glued to their phone.

Adding onto that: hanging out with people who just sit on their phones. Or when I'm trying to talk to someone and they're not looking at me... but at their phone, lolol.

Edited by PERSEPHONE

PuW4FhW.jpg
INDEX • PLOT  •  CANON LIST  • WANTED ADS

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

People that claim "I don't live here" for why they parked under two NUMBERED covered parking spots. If it's numbered it's probably reserved. It's fucking common sense.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

People who yell and get angry at someone for whom English is their second language. Especially since a lot of the people who do this haven't bothered to learn another language themselves.

• I read this! 3

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

29 minutes ago, Death Kitten said:

People who yell and get angry at someone for whom English is their second language. Especially since a lot of the people who do this haven't bothered to learn another language themselves.

I get that honestly. I have a speech impediment, I am often told quite rudely 'why don't you learn effing English'. I speak 5 languages and ASL as well....people are sad.

• I read this! 1

Guest Archaic Cyborg
3 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Being an insomniac with sleep apnea, so when I do (rarely) get sleep, I only sleep for a couple hours at once.

O hey, someone else with sleep apnoea. Whee!

peeve: when someone can't accept that, well, everyoe else has differnt tastes! Fact: I can't watch a movie 'just to waste time' or 'to laugh at a bad move'. I get restless, I'm bored, and sometimes I'll literally fal asleep and snore like an old man. And yet, my bloody sister INSISTS on bringing me shit movies.

It's probably been said but...

Slooooooooooooooow walkers.

If you're going to mosey, please MOVE TO THE EFFING SIDE SO POWER WALKERS LIKE ME CAN GET WHERE WE'RE GOING.

Also, Parking Lots in the US are like roads, STAY TO THE RIGHT FFS!

So much yelling.

• I read this! 2

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

One of my pet peeves is that you have to ask/tell people a hundred times to do something and they keep on telling you they do but they don't. In the mean time people are yelling at you because things are not getting done while you are not responsible for it. 

• I read this! 2

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

People that drive large cars that can't stay in their own lane.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Guest Ember

- People that chew their food with their mouths open or smack their lips when they eat. I can't stand the sound or having to look at that. No thank you.

- The sound of a potato chip bag when someone reaches inside. I don't know why it bothers me, but the crinkling sound just gets to me.

-People who assume I have all the time in the world to do their shit for them just because I'm not working right now. Yeah, I don't have a job, but that doesn't mean I don't have things I want/need to do. I'm not an errand girl.

- Anyone who clearly hasn't washed their hands after going to the bathroom. It's gross and I don't want you touching my things when I know where you've just been.

43 minutes ago, Faelia said:

- Anyone who clearly hasn't washed their hands after going to the bathroom. It's gross and I don't want you touching my things when I know where you've just been.

OMFSM, so much this. If I'm glaring at you when you're leaving the bathroom it's totally because you didn't wash your hands, or because you did a lazy useless job of it.

If you don't use the soap, if you don't rub the soap in for at least ten to twenty seconds? Not even close to clean. And if it's antibacterial soap? You better lather up longer!

Serious peeve? People who say voting doesn't matter. It's hard, because the system is kinda crap in the US, but short of a bloody revolution (which you really really don't want, ask anyone who's lived through one, they'll tell you), the only way for things to change is to elect people who are going to push them the way you want them and hold them accountable by telling them what you want and voting them out when they don't follow through.

• I read this! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

Presidential candidates.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png