Pet Peeves of Life

Red Star

How about we step that back a notch and just say medical companies?

Don't get me wrong, the Doctors, Nurses and others in the hospitals directly giving care? A lion's share of them are good, and plenty of them are underpaid for how hard they work... I'm talking the insurance companies, the medical equipment companies, the pharmaceutical companies. Basically all of them ones who'll put profit and cost savings over the quality of life of the patient.

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

Lately, I have been irritable about suffering a bout of pneumonia that took two rounds of antibiotics to end it.  I am battling a separate infection too, keeping to a fortnight long medical regimen.

Declared physically disabled this year, my native state of Tennessee has muddied the Social Security money Father is to oversee in a specialized bank account created for me.

Constant stress over illogical dilemmas my twin sister, April, brings about every day because she will not take her psychiatric medications grieves our parents, two other siblings, and myself.

• I read this! 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

I fucking hate other peoples kids.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 3 months later...
  • Admin

When people decelerate a million miles before their turn forcing the flow of traffic to nearly come to a stop!

People that take forever to get into a turning lane.

People that decelerate at the start of an off ramp

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 2 months later...

When someone doesn't answer me on a consistent basis when im trying to call/text them, and then they get mad at me for repeatedly calling cause I'm unaware of when they're busy or when they're not. (I don't normally call in general unless it's important)

When someone misspells my name, even after knowing me for so long, especially my teachers from HS. They see my name on all my papers, in the gradebook, etc. every single day. The reason why it bothers me is because things that are super important (including trophies) are always misspelled. It's so infuriating. 

When someone tells you to do something, and you do it, then they magically change the way it needs to be done and say they never told you to do it that way.

Rinse repeat every 2-3 months and you've got my boss.

• Agree 1
  • LOL 1

When you have a chore to do, and you're aware of this chore you have to do, but someone take it upon themselves to remind you. Constantly. Over and over, until you're simply putting it off out of spite and resisting the urge to scream at them that you would have done it three hours ago if they'd just leave you the pancakes alone.

• Agree 1

People posting status updates with spoilers. 

Look, I know you're excited that something happened in a show/movie... But don't be an asshole and spoil it for everyone else. Some haven't seen it yet. (Could be as simple as the show hasn't aired in their timezone yet. EX- People watching a show in Florida vs someone in California. There's a 4 hour difference in time there...) Regardless of the reason though it's still a very rude thing to do.

People who post overly vague status updates

Please either take the extra second/space and explain it or don't bother and keep it to yourself. I mean if you just say "OMG, that sucked" either say what sucked or don't bother posting period. It's basically just begging for attention otherwise. I mean it's literally just trying to goad people into asking "what's wrong" or "what happened". And most of the times, it's nothing even worth getting worked up over. 

People with pets/children...

Your world may revolve around your kids/pet... but everyone else's doesn't. So keep the amount of stuff sharing about them to a minimum.

Get names right.

Whether it's a person's name or a website name... make the effort to get it right. I can't count how many times I've seen people misspell my site's name or Jcink. (If you type jclink.com into the browser... you're probably not going to end up where you want to be.) I mean the first time it happens, probably a mistake. But after that... (especially after having been corrected) it's moved to plain out disrespectful.

It may sound petty... but I dislike when people ask how hard something is to code. Unless they're actually looking at doing mod development then coding for every major forum software is pretty much the same... HTML and CSS. 

I know what they mean is how tough is it to customize... but seriously if a person understands any amount of HTML and CSS then they're all pretty much within the same range. It's just figuring out which class does what and where to find it in the templates that's the big issue. (And that's relatively minor thanks to tools like Chrome's inspect element.)

"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

Indecisiveness - people who don't know what they want AND try to hide it. "So... do you want to date me or not?" "Errr.... get back to you on that one...."

Having to poop

Boogers

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

The feeling of needing to sneeze but you can't sneeze.

When you're waiting for an important notification on your phone and something useless like a Pandora/IHeartRadio update makes it flash.

Telemarketers.

• 3 weeks later...

Annoying holiday advertisements I receive all summer when I know that I can't go on holidays...

• Preach it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

When the grocery store decides to have sales on things, when you don't have a lot of money for spending ._.

• Agree 1