Pet Peeves of Life

Red Star

• Admin

When the sun wakes me up at the time that I should be at work ON THE WEEKEND! Such fail!

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When the sun wakes me up at the time that I should be at work ON THE WEEKEND! Such fail!

I feel you. I usually wake up exactly on time for work every day. No matter how dark I manage to make my bedroom, my brain just hates me, I guess XD

• I read this! 2

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

• Admin

When my favorite wake up soda is not on the fountain because they are out.

@Shadow Lady RIGHT? I try so hard but I'm still up at 7AM. Blech.

• I read this! 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

That weird internet sensation where:

Me: States opinion on a topic where clearely there's no right or wrong answer

Person A: omg you're so wrong and here's why

Person B: I agree with A, you're dead wrong and here's why

Person C: omg I can't beleive you'd think that, you're 100% wrong

Person D: Yeah srsly only jerks think like that, I agree with ABCD for all the same reasons

Person E: I'm basically repeating everything that A-D just said but I still feel like I need to ram it in your face for the umpteenth time

Person F: Yeah, I'm gonna repeat what everyone else already said because you're just that wrong

Person G: Wow you're wrong, and here's why (lists all the reasons A-F have already stated)

Person H: Repeats everyone else AGAIN

Like seriously, after one person says it, just 'like' the status or post that you agree with them, and leave it at that. I feel like I'm being buried and kicked repeatedly. 

Edit: Whoa nelly, I'm adding more because I'm apparently in that mood to vent:

People who let their dogs outside without a leash, AND who can't actually control them. If your dog comes when youc all them no matter what distractions are out there, then by all means go leashless, but when I've literally watched your dog run out into the street, watched your dog run around ignoring your existence, and watched them run at my dog from WAY ACROSS THE PARKING LOT while you were desperately trying to call to them and get their attention, I think you should just frickin' have a leash, i hate people who do that. It's not safe for your dog, or my dog, and on top of that it's 100% inconsiderate for all of your neighbors who have dogs or who happen to not be fond of dogs but still have to deal with your dog jumping all over them because whoops you assumed no one else would happen to step outside their house while your dog was outside. 

Nitpickers. People who will correct even the smallest thing that you say, even if it's not on topic with the general discussion, just because they can't let it go. 

Edited by Red Star
  • I read this! 6

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

Right now, nothing is more irritating than having my hand held. Reminders and such are nice but come on. I can handle myself, thanks. 

• I read this! 2

Rude people cutting in front of me and shoving me out of the way without even looking back or apologizing when I'm minding my own damn business at a convention. I do NOT deal well with people in my personal space but I'm far less forgiving when they're not even sorry or polite about it. Back off and learn some patience. 

• I read this! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

When the bus driver keeps filling the bus much, much beyond its rational capacity. Like, for real, mate, some of us would like to breathe and be able to move towards the door when our stop comes.

• I read this! 3

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

When people make plans, obviously not involving you, right in front of you.

I get that you want to go off and have fun, I really do. But when those plans don't involve me then make said plans on your own time. Especially when those plans involve something that I would have liked to have done, just as friends. It makes me feel wonderful.

• I read this! 3

People who take everything personally, even things that aren't remotely personal. I have one in my family circle. And she also claims to be very sensitive, so double the annoyance.

For real, I have had this person rage at me because I bought something nice for myself with my first paycheck because this was obviously a jab at her because she didn't have a job. Or when I decided to take an afternoon for myself and go to the movies alone, she tried to make it about her and how I didn't invite her, even though I didn't even invite my own brother. Like, for real, I wanted to tell her to get over herself and that she didn't matter that much to me.

I have since limited contact with this person to family-wide events, and I've never felt better.

• I read this! 3

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aryianna

People who don't lock the door in a public restroom. I despise walking in on people doing their business! How hard is it to lock the door??

Also people who chew loud. Lip smacking and open mouthed crunching drive me insane.

Micromanagers

Bosses who do things literally the wrong way (like cheating, or not quiiite the 'proper' way to do a thing), and then when you do it the RIGHT way, you're wrong, you were supposed to also do it the wrong way. 

When the coupons you spent time clipping ended up being mostly useless. XD 

When one textbook is literally $168....USED. Like that's the cheapest online price I can find. Guess who's not going to have a book on time for when classes start?

When you want to work in a particular field, but LITERALLY no places in that field anywhere in your living radius are hiring.

When people suggest that public defenders aren't real attorneys. Could not be more wronnnng jerkfaces

When people (especially family) fall for the tv stereotypes of criminal defense attorneys being slimey and/or not trustworthy. WRONG AGAIN, jerkfaces. Never believe anything tv tells you about lawyers. Just.. just don't. It's all wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

When people tell you you'd make a terrible criminal defense attorney because they "just can't see you being that assertive," or they "don't see how you can be a good, honest person AND be a criminal defense attorney."

When someones reason for why you shouldn't have a job is "You won't make much money that way." Like excuse me? Contrary to popular believe, many lawyers are NOT in it for the money. They're in it because it's the right thing to do. Because indigent individuals need attorneys. Because some people believe in rehabilitation over just throwingt everyone in jail. Because not everyone charged with a crime is guilty. Because not everyone who's guilty is a terrible ax murdering rapist. Because everyone deserves another chance. Because some people believe in justice. |8

• I read this! 5

Sites I Call Home:

Dude. Do NOT "borrow" my headphones! I don't need your gross ear stuff all over my headphones, especially when I just got my ears pierced, jerk. Now I have to hide them. This place is getting more and more ridiculous to the point I'm ready to move out just to get away from these people.

• I read this! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

While my GF was in Maine, her mom started using her computer. 

I was like, "She doesn't like when other people use her computer,"

and her mom was like, "Lol, well she can deal with it! I didn't see a sign saying I can't touch her computer"

Right, thanks. That's real respectful.

• I read this! 3

Sites I Call Home:

• Admin

While my GF was in Maine, her mom started using her computer. 

I was like, "She doesn't like when other people use her computer,"

and her mom was like, "Lol, well she can deal with it! I didn't see a sign saying I can't touch her computer"

Right, thanks. That's real respectful.

That's a real mature thing to do too.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

more peevessssss~~

Last semester I lent two textbooks to a friend because he couldn't afford them.

This semester I need a book I can't afford that that same friend has... 

He wants me to pay him to rent the book.

Oh, and he still actually has MY TWO books, which I lent him...for free.

ok?? I guess next time you need a book I'll demand $50 a semester or no dice. Thanks friend. Real friendly thing to do there. 

I'm just gonna find it somewhere else, cheaper. 

• I read this! 3

Sites I Call Home: