Gifs

Morrigan

Gifs, love them/hate them?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is your opinion?

I don't mind them but can see how they would be a problem for people with low bandwidth. Sometimes I'm on my phone at work, using old 2G network to save its ridiculously short battery life, and loading a single image takes forever. So I can sympathize.

Do you have methods that you use to ignore images that you don't like?

Not really, just don't look at them. xD!

Will you join a site that has them?

Sure, either way the writing matters to me most.

Will you join a site that prohibits them?

Sure. As above.

Will you show me your favorite gif?

Does two breach the rules? Because there's a lot I love and can't narrow it down!

851f9b4f69d3b9b8f5d7bdafe9a27ebf.gif

OR

giphy.gif

• I read this! 1

• 4 months later...

Gifs are fun but all that movement over and over again does get a bit annoying. Would I join  site that has them? Yeah but I hope I could use a normal image and maybe put a Gif in a mouse over image or in the chatbox. Would I join a site that prohibits them? Yeah. I don't mind either way. Gifs are fun but I just don't want to be reading a thread withe everyone picture moving. If you are easily distracted like me it makes posting harder :P

I don't have a favorite Gif, if I had to choose one though this one always makes me giggle:

tumblr_lga4haJTc01qczjlgo1_500.gif

• I read this! 1

xPk39a.jpg

poke_bro2.png

• 5 months later...

What is your opinion?

I don't mind gifs! I don't appreciate them being used at every single possible opportunity, though. I personally use them on things that I feel are supposed to catch your attention, like advertisement images. Examples.

Do you have methods that you use to ignore images that you don't like?

Nothing but sheer willpower.

Will you join a site that has them?

Probably not if they're everywhere, but really that's so low on my checklist of things a site needs that something else would probably turn me away way before I noticed how many gifs there were/weren't.

Will you join a site that prohibits them?

Yep.

Will you show me your favorite gif?

HMcUi10.gif

• I read this! 1