Character Quotes!

Huskerdust

Aw, I checked and we had one of these before but it's super old and locked now sooo, have a new one! Give us some memorable and favorite character quotes!

• I read this! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

"The world unknowingly bows at my feat. I beckon it to heed my will and it folds before me like paper," 

-Sin

My megalomaniac shapeshifter who thinks to be a conqueror of worlds. Fun to write for since he/she has a tendency to use a larger vocabulary than my other characters. Also, monologues. Sin loves monologues. 

• I read this! 1

newersig.png

• 1 month later...

"I wasn't afraid, because I had hope. I had hope that Emma would come back for us. That she'd break the curse that you made apparent to Regina. Of course, I was frightened for her being by herself in a strange new world, but I had confidence that she would persevere. I think you know what you need to do, Mr. Gold. You need to be there for that child. Don't be scared and don't hold back. Show love and show that hope is more powerful than magic. True love isn't just magic, it's what makes a happy ending...happy..."

Longish Snow White quote that I loved writing.

"Grief isn't a joke, or stupid. Never apologize for bein' human. It's part-a what makes you guyz you. Sure, death's a part of life. But remembering their pain and honoring the memory through a show of empathy or sympathy means that they lived and died for something. It's okay to give up deh 'tough' exterior. Dhere'z nothing 'manly' about hiding humanity. Okay?"

- Skie Demiji

My demon (imp) mercenary who basically loves humans and their world/culture even though she eats them. Full of fourth wall breaks and playful Pop-Reference silliness with a bubbly "lets befriend everyone!" attitude, she's a great personality fit for pretty much anything. Its rare that I really get to play with her serious side, and this was one of those moments; The human that she's speaking to in this instance just underwent a visionary experience that had him live the deaths of several dozen warriors that came before him and was having trouble processing it emotionally. He tried to hide this fact by brushing his experience off and apologizing for worrying about "stupid" stuff.

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

His gaze cut over to Seol Shin Il, who was currently holding a fork and studying it as if he was contemplating something. The man talking to him kept right on talking, as if he didn't notice or care that he was acting in a peculiar manner. 

Not a speaking quote but I liked this particular bit from a recent post. 

• I read this! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 months later...

"You better surrender or my panther will have your balls for lunch!"

This was from my Tuesday night D&D game a few weeks back, the party was fighting a group of bandits in a bar and my ranger, who has a panther companion, was already getting fed up. So she said that and just BARELY passed her intimidation check lol

• I read this! 1

• 2 months later...

”Brooding image? Ah, and here I thought you were such the teddy bear. I’m sure London has a shop called ‘Brooding Basics for Gents’ somewhere,”

Over a year later and I still get a laugh when I think about this post by my RP partner.

My character, who's not the friendliest of people, has his jacket soaked in blood and shredded. She suggested he pick up something that was...not quite his style. A suggestion he wasn't a fan of.

Family was always a bloody horror, dear heart; sectioned down the middle like some morbid physician's specimen; once twelve and in breeches, I belonged in neither half. The Cole family vestigial organ. (Foul.) Was it my age or my sex that expelled me? Not sure that it matters now, particularly since we're grown.

From a series of letters written by my foppish Welsh composer.

"And today I'm going to pretend I don't have clearance to visit medical, so you're going to need to bring me the equipment too, kthxbai." 

Mutant IT Guy disrespects a doctor who he ends up dating. Dude's computer was on fire.

When my character met her now boyfriend:

"What's a Dick like you, doing on a ship like this?" Amelia couldn't stop the words from tumbling from her lips as she darkened the door of his office. The Jazz that had spilled out when the doors opened had been on par with the holo-recording her brother had found and she'd just spent the last two hours in the holodeck enjoying. Having already pushed her chips forward without even knowing the odds, she figured she might as well go all in. She draped herself against the frame of the door with a smirk, one gloved hand on her hip, and one coral pump clad foot tucked behind her other ankle. Her dress matched the color of her pumps perfectly, the back seams of her Cuban heeled nylons were straight, and her pearls draped around her neck at just the right length above the sweetheart neckline of her dress.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 1 month later...

don't worry though, i'm gonna help you make this date 100% effective

so good that my little boss is gonna wanna put his little boss in your pants, tesbro 

this thread was a whirlwind of tragedy and this part had me in tears of laughter.

"Oh, I'm collecting money for the...sick...orphans...on fire. Yeah, someone set all the orphanages of the region on fire. I'm collecting money so we can defeat the flaming children before they spread and set the world ablaze."

this character is a treasure.

• I read this! 1